Thursday, August 11, 2011

For the Birthday Girl!

Hello!  Today's card was made to send to our granddaughter that lives in Arkansas.  She turns 6 next Monday.  I decided to use one of the Pure Innocence girls for her card.  And, even though I have plenty of cards already made in my stash that I could use, like the card I showed you yesterday, I decided to make a new one!  At least that way, I have a card to show you too!  As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I have quite a collection going of these cute little girl stamps and I love them all, but, I think the most versatile one is the Crazy for Daisies girl because even though I love the daisy stems she is holding, her hands are perfect placement for her to hold all kinds of things.  She has held a 4th of July sparkler, a kite string and now today ... a balloon!  Here is my card.  Enjoy!



When I decided on my papers, I realized that one of the jars I have of Glitter Ritz would be a great color match, and so that is when the idea for the balloon came.  I actually stamped directly on the liner part of the Be Creative Tape and then stuck the tape to cardstock and cut it out around the stamped image.  I also used the tape down the side of the cardstock on the left panel and added the matching Glitter Ritz there.  The products are ones that I have from when I taught my June class at The Crafty Scrapper.  What's most interesting about this glitter is that after you add it to the tape, you burnish it with your finger, and it becomes so shiny and sparkly, and to the touch it feels like velvet.  I love it and I am glad I got a chance to play with it again!  (Even though it meant having glitter on my face again! ... you know I think I have a stamp that says that!)  So, what do you think about my card?  Do you like the balloon idea?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Lime Twist - Happy Go Lucky 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Pinkish Mauve
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Crazy For Daisies
Ink - Memento Black, Pismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic for skin tone
Tools - Classic Ovals and Classic Circle Nestibilities, Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder, My Favorite Things Dainty Dots Border Die-namics
Other - Ribbon by AMuse, Twine by My Minds Eye (I bought a couple of colors of twine from My Minds Eye at the convention and this pink is one of them, but I wanted to say that I do not like them as well as the twine from The Twinery.  The MME is softer and is harder to handle than the Twinery is.  Just my 2 cents!), Pearls by Queen & Co., Glitter Ritz and Be Creative Tape by Elizabeth Craft Designs

I have a new addition for my blog!  Now, if you want, you can follow me by email!  What this means, is that anytime I post, you will receive an email about it.  This is great especially if you don't have a reader where you go to each day to look at multiple blogs in one place.  But even if you do use a reader, I still think this way is helpful.  Take me, I personally use a reader, but still have a couple of blogs that I get emails about too, and I like it.  I have to have time to go through all the blogs on my reader, so getting the emails is helpful because if I want, I can go check out just the one, or sometimes when I get the email, I don't look right then, but it is nice to know that there is a new post.  All you have to do is put your email in the box on the right under Follow By Email.  You will be sent an email to confirm your address and it's done.  Easy Peasy!  And from me, you get a big THANKS!  I love my followers! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com