Friday, January 10, 2014

A Calendar Page ... BBQ Dude!

Hello!   I have something to share with you that I made back in early December that I never showed you.  I was contacted by a friend that says she participates in a calendar swap every year.  Every person is responsible for one month and you have to make 13 5" x  7" pages to share.  The only requirement is that there is a calendar of that month somewhere on the page.  I guess the lady that had signed up for June had to drop out because of illness, so they had a month open, and that is how I got invited.   When thinking of June, I decided to go with Father's Day and a summer theme ... BBQ ... BBQ Dude!  Let me show you my page ... enjoy!





I love how my page came out.  I even paper pieced his apron!  I had to do it!  Too Cute!  I wanted to wait until I got the other month's pages before I showed you mine.  Well, I got them, at least most of them ... I guess 4 of the month's are still coming.  Three people are late, and one is mia.  I had about 3 weeks to say yes, make my pages, and send them.  The four had a whole year.  I don't really have permission to show you everyone's pages, but here is a  view ...

 
I am very happy with the pages I received and I love that there is also a front page.  I think March is the month that they need someone to do.  It is not too late ... if you are interested in doing it, just contact me and I will hook you up with the right person.

Sometimes I sign up for stuff, not always thinking thru what it will entail.  A perfect example is this ... I was at the store and Carolyn, the owner,  mentioned to me that she would like me to be the card maker on the store's design team.  I said o.k.  So, the last time I was there, I was handed a big envelope of 12 x 12 papers and some embellishments and was told to come up with some cards with them.  Sounds easy enough, right?  Yes, and no.  The embellishments they gave me are pretty thick.  You know like chipboard, wood, etc.  As you know, those type embellishments I rarely use on cards, as it makes them so thick to send in the mail and as you know, I do send my cards.  I think the "scrapbook" look is to use those thick embellishments for all their projects.  I decided to approach this as two types of cards, those to send and those to give.  The thicker ones will be in a more "scrapbook style" and better for giving, instead of sending. I will be making both type of cards.  I am set to make my appearance on 
The Crafty Scrapper blog on January 24th.  But, go check it out now, as there are others doing posts every few days!   
 
I will have the Saturday sketch cards for you tomorrow. 
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com