Thursday, January 23, 2014

How's It Growin'?


Hello!  My card today combines some new stuff and some old.  Back around Thanksgiving,  I ordered some dies from My Favorite Things that they had bargains on and one of the dies was this farm fence that I knew would go perfectly with my farm girl.  And then a couple of weeks ago, I got this embossing folder of clouds.  Sounded like a perfect combination to me.  I got to do a little coloring and a lot of cutting out, which I know people don't always like to do!  But, me, I like it.  So, let me show you my card ... enjoy!
 
 

Do you see that it is blue around the clouds?  I have seen on pinterest where they add color with ink on the actually inside of the embossing folder before they run it through with the paper and it inks the paper on the background.  So, I did it and it worked.  Now, in real life and up close, it is not as smooth as I might like, but who's says sky is one smooth, solid color, right?  Did you like my piggy's head popping out of the fence?  I know I saw this on an idea somewhere and that is why I wanted the fence!  When I had the idea for the card, the floral background was not in my mind for what I wanted the background paper to be, but when I saw it, I changed my mind and went with it.  I like it!  What do you think?  Fun card?

Recipe: Floral paper from unknown company: I believe it originally came out of a 12 x 12 pad but was given to me so I don't know the manufacture, Cardstock White, Red, Olive Green, Light Blue
Stamps - My Favorite Things PI Farm Girl

Ink - Memento Black, Copics, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass
Tools - My Favorite Things Farm Fence Die-namics, Darice Clouds embossing folder
Other - Rhinestones


Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com