Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It's A Cupcake Kind of Day!

Hello!  The Crafty Scrapper where I teach my classes is really trying to get their blog going. It's not a new blog, but I don't think they were very consistent in the past, so now they have a whole new design team to promote it and to show you projects from different people.  Yes, like me! I think I told you they signed me up to do cards.  My first blog post will go live on Friday.  I will give you background here on my own blog on that day and then show you the post I did for it.  I guess one of the things they are planning is to have a challenge every month open to anyone to participate.  This month's challenge is to create any layout, card, or project using dies or punches.  Is that not right up my alley?  You know, I rarely make a card without a die?  So, I had a die set that I got at the store a while back and thought "perfect"!  Here is my card.  Enjoy!






I love how this came out.  So often when I use dies, I use pattern paper, but this time I did it the old fashion way ... I colored!  I acutally used the chisel tip on the copic pen to make larger strokes on both the cup bottom and the swirls, which by the way, was done with the blender pen.  I think if you click on the photo, it will give you a close up.  And, if it works, you can see the sprinkles.  They are very light, almost too light.  I didn't really notice this until the card was completely done.  But, over all, it is a fun card, I think!   And it fits the challenge perfectly!  I think ... you should join in!  Go make something, anything, just make sure you use a punch or a die and link it up here.  Have fun!

Recipe:
Paper - Authentique Wishes Collection: "Merriment" (both sides), My Minds Eye Sunny Side 6 x 6 (from my stash, blue behind cupcake and yellow dot for swirl)
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Hello Cupcake (sentiment), Sprinkles from A Muse Cupcake set from my stash
Ink - Memento Black, Copics, Distress Ink in Spun Sugar for sprinkles
Tools - Impression Obsession Cupcake die set, My Favorite Things Loopy Border die-namics
Other - Ribbon from American Crafts, Button, Twine, Baubles


Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com