Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pretty Post It Note Holders! (+ A Pattern and a How-to!)

Hello!  Last month at my ladies church group, one of the ladies handed out mini pens just as a treat for the ladies.  As soon as I saw them, I thought of those post it note holders that I had taught in one of my classes, last year, I think it was, that I had got those same pens for.  I thought right then that I was going to make a bunch of post it note holders for the ladies to go with their pens.  First, I will show you what I made and then I have a how-to!  Enjoy!

The group photo...

 
As you can see, I kept it simple.  I gave them a choice of cardstock but all the DP was the same, as well, as the same verse and cross, both from Our Daily Bread Designs.

Here is the pattern ...


 

 As you can see, you cut the cardstock to 3 1/2" x 7 1/2".  The score lines are at 3 1/2", 3 7/8", and 4 1/4". 
1.  Crease all score lines.  You will see that the front is shorter than the back.  There is a reason.
2.  Fold on the middle score line and make two snips from equal distances from the ends.  (or as close as possible, as mine aren't exact).  This will form your pen holder.
3.  Turn it over and add two small pieces of scor-tape as seen in the photo below.

 
Make sure you do not have any overlapping tape and none in the middle.
Remove tape liner and stick down. 
4.  Add scor-tape to the backside of your post it note and next to the part you just taped down.  You can now see the reason for the front side being shorter.  
5.  Decorate your front and backside.  I added a DP square on the back to make it look more finished. 

That's it!  Easy Peasy! 
See you soon!
Happy Stamping!  And Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com