Monday, March 16, 2015

Somebunny Thinks You're Special! (+ A Tutorial)!


Hello!  Today I have a cute card on The Crafty Scrapper's blog for their design team.  I used the flip flop die from Inky Antics.  This is the one that I taught in my February class and so I thought it would be fun to show it on both their blog and my blog.  I wanted to add a tutorial on their blog but I just didn't think I could do it in less than five pictures, so I have the tutorial for you here!  First, let me show you my card.  I used the My Favorite Things bunny stamp set with matching dies. (yes, again!)  Enjoy!
 

 
When the tab below the main image is pulled, it flip flops up to reveal a message underneath ...


Everything you need to flip flop your panels is included in the package, including the flip flop die and a positioning template to create the open slots for your mechanism to work ...


Before we get to the tutorial, here is the inside look of my card ...


Okay, now the tutorial ...

1.  Die cut the flip flop mechanism, seen below.  Add scor-tape along the right side, on the left side and in the middle. 

2.  Remove the tape liners.  Fold side flaps inward on score lines, starting with the right side flap (the small one) and then the left.  The photo below is what it will look like ... (Some of the ladies in my class thought it looked like a tongue depressor ...lol!)


3.  You will use the positioning template to die cut the holes into where the flip flop mechanism will be inserted.  The positioning template has all the measurements you need to create panels in three different sizes. 

After your holes are cut in the paper, you will close the tabs at the top of the mechanism so that you can get it through the first slot on your paper.  And the tab will go through the opposite slot.  See below...


4.  Once it is in, you will fold the top one down ...

 
5.  On the reverse side, you will push up on the mechanism, so that it looks like this ...


6.  Now, you will create a fold-over piece, using the measurements from the positioning template.  Add scor-tape, at the top of the inside piece.  Add this underneath the folded down mechanism ...


7.  Now, all you do is close this.  It will stick with the scor-tape that shows above.  You can now add your main image on top of this closed panel.  And add a sentiment underneath this flip flop panel.

8.  Only one more thing that you need to know ... when you add adhesive (scor-tape) to the back of this panel to adhere to your card base, leave the side open, with no adhesive added, where the top of the mechanism is, so that the mechanism has room to work. 

In my February class, on one of the cards, I added the flip flop on the inside of the card instead of the front.   I don't do much scrapbooking, but I if I did , I could see it used with a photo on top and flip flopped up to reveal a sentiment or another photo underneath... that would be cute.  So, you scrapbookers, go do that! 
The Crafty Scrapper, I know has these in stock right now, so go get one!  (Or they can send you one!)  So, many possibilities! 

I made some post it notes for my ladies at church.  I will be back tomorrow to show you those.  I might even give you a tutorial for them too!  Cool!

Happy Stamping!
Tina





0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com