Friday, March 20, 2015

Super Hero!

Hello!  Today, I have a card for you that I made for my Godson's son for his first birthday.  I had picked up a bag at Target for the gift that had a generic super hero image on it and thought, wow, I wish I had a stamp that would coordinate with the bag.  My first thought was to add a tiny superman emblem to a stamp of a boy, but it seems I only have a couple of boy stamps and those didn't work, so I did something I never do and I went looking online for sites that have digital stamps.  I found one here, paid for it ($3), downloaded it and then printed it on some Neenah cardstock so I could color it with copics.  Easy, but I can say this could never replace the love of having the stamps in my hand.  For this one time card, it works!  Here is my card ... enjoy!


As you can see, I didn't find any DP in my stash that would match, so I just went with an embossing folder background.  And yes, I used those tiny individual letter peg stamps from long ago.  Oh, one note, I saw on pinterest where they wrap a rubber band around the word of peg stamps and stamp it all at once, but when I tried it, the spacing seemed all wrong, so I went with just stamping them individually and holding my breath that I would line them up.  I did pretty good, I think.  Overall, I am pretty happy with how the card came out.

See you tomorrow for the Saturday share.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com