Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dancing Flowers!

Hello! Once again, I am participating in one of the sketch challenges from Mojo Monday. You can go to their blog to see the sketch. http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/ I used a clear set I recently got from There She Goes Clear Stamps. I made my first attempt at paper piercing using Stampin' Up's template. I knew how to use it but I had actually never done it. I did great for about half the circle and then I got off track just a little. I decided it wasn't noticeable enough to redo it. Originally, I thought I would stamp the flowers on the circle and the words on the square but the word stamp was too large for the square. And that was even after I enlarged the whole card. So, I switched and put the words on the circle and the flowers on the square. I really like it that way, because it is more unexpected. The flowers from this set, I have seen stamped and colored in, but for mine, I stamped on colored cardstock, ran them through the dot cuttlebug folder, and layered them. Nice effect, I think. The verbage is one of my favorites, and one that I have with similar wording from other companies. I seem to have many word stamps in different fonts, from different companies. Maybe that is a sign of a true stamper! LOL! Here is the card - enjoy -


Recipe:

Paper - Stripes by Bo Bunny, Cardstock
Stamps - There She Goes Clear Stamps - Dance set
Ink - Versafine Black
Punches/Dies - Nestiblities Circle and Square, Border Punch by Martha Stewart
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Black Pearls by Hero Arts, Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Folder

Would love to hear your comments! Happy Stamping!
Tina


2 comments:

terry said...

Okay, Tina...I LOVE this card...the layering sends me, girl!
and Bo Bunny stripes ARE the best!~Tee

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card Tina! I love the colour combination you chose. Gorgeous!

 
design by suckmylolly.com