Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just a Swinging!

Welcome! I think today's card is so cute! I think it might even be the best I have ever made! I had to call a friend, one of the ladies that used to teach when I had my store, to find out what they call this kind of card. I found out it is called a spinner card. I knew how to make it, but just didn't know what it was called. When I got the stamp of the little girl on the swing, I knew I wanted to try and make it look like she was actually swinging! It took a little time to get the look I wanted, but in the end, it came out awesome! Here is the finished card first and then read down where I give you more instruction.



Swinging out ...
Inside of my card ...

Tree shape showing mechanism holes ...

You can find on the Internet several videos of the step by step instructions to make a spinner card. But the basic instructions are this. My horizontal hole was made with Stampin' Up's word window punch and half of the punch is used for the vertical part. I made these 2 punches on another piece and then used that as as a pattern to create it on the green piece. To make your object move, you simply use 2 pennies with a mini round pop up dot in between the two pennies. The pennies slide along the holes creating movement.

I paper pieced her dress. which I love! I added a mini strip of the same paper on the card to match her dress. Behind the mechanism, I added a small green piece of cardstock, so that the cloud paper does not show through the hole. If you need more instruction, just let me know. I will be glad to help. I would love to hear your feedback on this one! Do you love this card as much as I do?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Abbey Road Line (stripes and dots), My Minds Eye Love Me Do Line (Clouds)
Stamps - Swinging Girl by My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Line
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Dies/Punches - Nestiblities Large Classic Scallop Die, Martha Stewart Border punch (inside)

Thanks for stopping by! Remember leave a comment if possible.
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com