Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sending You Whale Wishes!

In a perfect world, I would like to post at least one card on each weekday. Of course, it is not a perfect world. I had Monday's card ready Sunday night, so normally I do a post so it shows up Monday morning, well, I didn't do it and went to bed instead, with the intention of doing it first thing Monday morning. That didn't happen either! So, it is now late Monday, and I am posting it so you will see it Tuesday morning. I guess ... if I think I want to do 5 cards for you in a week, I should attempt to have posts on Tues - Sat. and then if I do have one for you on Monday too, that will be a bonus! Now, that we have gotten that cleared up, let's get to my latest card!

Jen delMuro (www.iheart2stamp.com) sketch for the week is dedicated to Susan Liles (www.susiestampalot.blogspot.com) Susan's hubby, Eric, was diagnosed with lymphoma and started his chemo treatments last week. So, Jen's idea was for us to do the sketch challenge and then send the card on to Susan & Eric. I had already decided I wanted to send a card, so when Jen came up with the idea, I thought perfect!

I have new stamps to ink! So, of course I wanted to use some of those! And I wanted to go with some colors that would be suitable to send on to Eric and Susan. Looking at my sayings, I came across a very simple one that says "sending you well wishes". I decided to take it a step further and add on a humorous sentiment too. I did this in word on the computer by using a similar font! Some cards I make I like o.k. and then some I think are really great - this is one of those - too cute! Enjoy ...

I want to comment on the little "faux"bow I made. I saw this how-to on one of the blogs. I will do my best to explain it. I would be better if I knew what blog I saw it on and I could link you up to their instruction, but I don't know where I was when I saw it. Typical! One ribbon is horizontal on your card and then you take another piece and slip it under the first ribbon at a 90 degree angle and tie it into a knot onto the already layed down ribbon. I hope this makes sense. If I run across the tutorial I saw, I will let you know.

Recipe:

Paper - Bo Bunny Denim Gingham, Circles is Retired Stampin' Up , Cardstock - Blue & Olive
Stamps - Whale from Hero Arts Oceans of Joy Set, Sending You Well Wishes by The Cat's Pajamas, "Whale" Wishes sentiment computer generated.
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Punches/Dies -Labels 8, Cuttlebug Folder Swirls
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Pearl Baubles by Queen & Co., Sanding block

See ya tomorrow! Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com