Saturday, March 6, 2010

Got Scrabble?

Hello! On Thursday, my friend Donna and I got together and played a game of scrabble. We had so much fun and were so excited that we able to play every single tile! It rarely happens to work out that way! I decided I should take a picture of the finished board and put it on this blog just for fun! So, I took the picture with my phone and sent it to my email. On the way home, I started thinking about the next card I wanted to make. With that scrabble board as my inspiration, I came up with my next card idea! Here is the pic of the board first ...


And now let me share with you my inspiration ...

This is a great example of how you can combine artsy elements on your cards. Let me explain how I made the top portion of the card, the flowers. This was a technique that I taught in a class when I still had my store. I used my Tombows to color directly on the stamp and then I spritzed the stamp with a little water before stamping on the cardstock. Then, I took a piece of acetate and stamped the same background with white Staz-On onto the acetate. When I layered the white stamped acetate over the stamped cardstock, I slightly moved the acetate. This allows the colors to show through more. It is a simple idea that gives a card a great look!

Recipe:

Paper - Striped paper by Scenic Route Providence line, Cardstock White, Orange, Green and Acetate
Ink - Tombow Markers, White Staz-On
Stamps - Flower Background by Hero Arts
Other - Prima Flowers, Scrabble Letters by EK Success, Flower Rhinestones by Hero Arts

The last few weeks I have been attempting to give you one card on each of the weekdays. And then I take the weekends off. But some weeks, like this one, it just doesn't seem to work out that way. I will have one more card for you this week, tomorrow, even though it is technically a weekend day and not a weekday. So, make sure you check in tomorrow because tomorrow's card is awesome! Wait until you see. Yes, I could just show you today ... but I think I would rather give you something to look forward to!!

See ya tomorrow! Happy Stamping!
Tina




0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com