Monday, March 8, 2010

Nuts About You!

Today I am participating in Jen del Muro's sketch challenge from her blog. The last few weeks I have started doing some of the various sketch challenges. I was a little anxious about participating at first, but I have decided I like the challenge they give me! I have never participated in Jen's sketch before, but she is one of my favorite stampers and this week's sketch looked like it would be pretty simple. To see the sketch, follow this link to her blog ... http://iheart2stamp.com/

Now, did I say this card was simple? Well, yes the layout is, but it gave me a little trouble when it came to picking out papers. You see, I wanted to use this paper with trees, but going by the layout, only a smaller rectangle was going to show. I ended up cutting out of the middle of my 12 x 12 sheet to get what I wanted. It works for this card, but I am not sure about using the leftover pieces for other cards. I guess I will worry about that later! I like the finished card .. do you?

Here is the inside ...


Recipe:

Paper - Trees by My Little Shoebox, Dark Brown with White Stitching by American Crafts
Stamps - The Cat's Pajamas clear set
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Broken China & Celery Distress inks sponged
Dies/Punches - Nestiblities Scallop Circle 2 sizes, and Circle 2 sizes
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Button

I wanted to let you know that I will be out of town this week Tuesday through Thursday. My hubby and I are going down to Galveston for a little getaway to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. I had hoped over this last weekend to make 5 cards so I would have a card a day to show you. I only got 3 done. So, look for the cards on my blog on Wednesday and Friday. Thanks!

Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com