Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bargain Alert! and Saturday's Sketch Share!

Hello! Last Saturday I promised I would try to get to my room to get some cards made to show you, well ... another project came up and got in the way of me doing what I had planned. And that is going through all the inventory that was left at the closing of my rubber stamp store three years ago. You see, I have tried to sell some of it, a couple of times, but I think not much sold because either I didn't have the right audience or my prices were high. I still have almost 20 boxes full of stuff and it has been sitting in our garage, just waiting. The three boxes with the ribbon leftovers I have decided to keep for classes, but everything else? Well, I think it is time to let it go! Especially since, The Crafty Scrapper announced this week, they are going to have a garage sale! Perfect! I am IN! In fact, as they are doing it very much like I did when I had my store, where you have to call and get a vendor number, I called and guess what number I got? Yes, you guessed it No. 1! The sale is not until Sept. 15th, but I knew it would take awhile to get my stuff ready, as one of their requirements is for everything to be in a zip lock bag with a description card inside. So, do you want to hear my prices? Every stamp, regardless of price or size is priced at $1 each or less!! Wow! Even the alphabet sets that originally were up to $25 are priced at $1 each!! Then there were several boxes of just misc. stuff like rub-ons, brads, fibers, trinkets, etc. I decided to create some grab bags, each with at least a $30 retail value for $5 each! Another Wow! I still have more to go, so I'll update you later. But, I thought it was a must that I fill you in now, so you can mark your calendars. The store is going to be using both of their classrooms for the sale, because there will be a lot more people selling than just me. When I had my store, we had at least 25 people that brought stuff to sell. If you are interested in bringing your stuff, you can find the details in this email here.

Yes, it is Saturday, and I know that is why you came to my blog today is to see the share. So, let's get to it ... finally! I will show you my card, Debbie's card, and the sketch we both used. Enjoy!

My Card

Debbie's Card

The Sketch
What do you think of today's cards?  It's interesting that we both picked flowers for our main image. I think the sketch is kinda fun, however, I did have a little trouble getting the circle in the square the right fit for the card.  It is something that needs to be thought out when the main image gets decided on, as the square takes up some of the space of the image panel.   But, over all, I like this one and I like both of the cards.  You?

I have one more day ... today, to work on some new cards.  As, tomorrow, and for sure Monday and Tuesday, I will be working on my class kits for the class I am teaching next Wed. and Sat.  Don't forget to tomorrow Inky Antics will be showcasing me again on their blog.  I will post a reminder with a link tomorrow for you. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com