Friday, August 31, 2012

Blessed are Those Who Mourn!

Hello!  I am back today with a sympathy card I mailed earlier in the week.  For those who knew me when I had my store, Ruth, who worked for me, lost her mom Dollie last weekend.  You might also remember Dollie, as she participated in our card swaps at the store.  If you would like to send Ruth a card, and need an address, just let me know.  For my card, I wanted to use one of the stamps from a set I got a few months back at the scrapbook convention.  The set was kinda expensive and I have kinda regretted buying it, as it is mostly for sympathy cards, and I have a lot of other sympathy stamps.  I found out that the actual stamps are slightly larger than printed on the outer label.  I was worried that it would not fit on my card.  It is big but I think it is o.k.  I will let you be the judge.  Here is my card ... enjoy!




See what I mean about the size?  But, you can also see why I did buy the set, with such a wonderful sentiment in it!  I think it came out very pretty.  Oh, one more thing, I knew I wanted a dark color of cardstock and I was thinking black, but it seemed too strong, so I went with the color that was in the DP, the gray.  Not a color I normally use, but I like it for this one.  What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Indie Chic "Ginger" 6 x 6, Cardstock Natural White, Gray
Stamps - Sparkle & Sprinkle (red rubber on cling)
Ink - Memento Black, Copic for cross
Tools - EK Success Scalloped border punch, Spellbinders Circle, Lacey Circle
Other - Ribbon by Midori, Pearls from Stamping Bella

See you tomorrow for the sketch share.  Also, I spent some time going thru all the sketches we have done on the Saturday shares, and I have come up with my favorite "go-to's"!  I will give you that list in tomorrow's post! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com