Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Copic Storage Solution Share!

Hello! I wanted to pop in and show you my new Copic storage keeper. I recently caught a couple of grab bags of Copics at great prices on ebay and an online store that was going out of business, so that means my amount of copics has been growing. Enough so that I knew it was time to think about a storage solution. Most of my friends who use Copics like the Copic marker case that hold 72 markers, which you can see here. But, I had a case kinda like this one that my Tombow markers were to fit into, and I didn't like it. I think it was because I didn't like dealing with the elastic straps that hold the markers in. My current storage for my Tombows are like my Prismacolor Pencils storage and that is they are both lay in a fairly flat plastic container with a lid that snaps on and off. And I just dig thru until I find the color I am looking for. It works just fine ... but, Copics are different! You really need to have them in order and be able to see the numbers. Maybe after I have worked with them as long as I have with the colored pencils, that will change, but for now, it is a must! I typically look at my color chart for the color first, and then go to my markers and find the one I need. So, in comes storage issue ... I saw on Pinterest that someone took a tall plastic storage case and added grids made out of plastic needlepoint canvas to create spaces for the markers. I liked that idea and so off I went to the closest chain store to find what I would need. Well, I had trouble finding a storage case that would work. They were either not tall enough or the bottoms were not flat on all sides. So, I ended up with a wicker basket that was very straight and pretty deep. Let me show you ... enjoy!


Below is the view from the top and the way it will be carried:
(You can see that I have space for more as my collection grows)

A friend suggested that they should not be upright all the time, so I have made space on my desk to have room for the basket to be on it's side most of the time, and this is how it looks:


I have both sketches and ciaos.  The main disadvantage to ciaos is that they do not have the color letter and number on the ends.  So, in the next pic, I am showing you my solution.  A small label on the end of each ciao.  Only some have it because I ran out of labels...ordered more and they have shipped so I will be getting the rest labeled when it comes. 


I do want to note about the plastic needlepoint canvas stuff I used to make the spaces.  I thought it was such a great idea and it would be so easy to work with .... NOT!!!  OH MY, it was a pain in the butt when I started trying to connect them, even though I felt like I had made cuts on both of the pieces where they should just fit together.  But, I finally got it done and the whole completed thing fits tightly in the basket ... yea, for that!  I also want to note that I originally thought I would need to make some kind of lid for the basket, but now that it is complete and it does fit so tightly, I think that is a step I can leave out!  I will let you know down the road if I think this was a good solution for my Copic storage! 

Thanks for letting me share!  Happy Stamping!
Tina


1 comments:

Donna said...

Good job on this Tina. Looks like it'll work great. Thanks for sharing this with us!

 
design by suckmylolly.com