Friday, August 24, 2012

Birthday Gift Bag!

Hello! I am back today with the last challenge for the Verve Anni-verve-sary Release Challenges. This has been a five part challenge to get in on their drawing to win their entire new release that they will be revealing tonight! And now for the enabling and also another chance for me to win ... check out the Verve store for the sale they are having until the end of the month and then later tonight or tomorrow the new release will be on there! Today's challenge was for anything, but a card. One of my favorite Verve sets is the Birthday Bash. So, thinking birthday, off I went to find some kind of gift bag or box or something. Through pinterest (of course!) I found the a tutorial for a gift bag. Oh my, how perfect. Let me show you my bag, the icon for the challenge, and then I will also give you the link to the tutorial I found. Enjoy!



The tutorial I found here is called Top Note Gift Bag Tutorial, which of course, used the top note die from Stampin' Up.  I don't own that die even though I think it is cool.  I've always talked myself out of it because the Labels 8 from Spellbinders is very similar in size and I already own it.  That is, of course, what I used here for my bag.  The little gift bag came together very easily.  And it really is big enough (about 3" x 4 1/2") to actually add some kind of little gift.  I think in the tutorial they suggested a velcro closing.  I took the second pic above to show you that I added a magnet instead.  Those great balloons from Verve got paper pieced with paper in the same line as what the gift box was made with.  Pretty darn cute, huh?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Hip-Hooray Girl line: "3 Cheers" (bag), "Confetti" (balloons), Cardstock Pink, White
Stamps - Verve
Birthday Bash
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - Spellbinders Circles, Scallop Circles, Labels 8
Other - Rhinestones by Queen & Co.

See you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

What a cute gift bag, Tina! Love the paper pieced balloons especially!

 
design by suckmylolly.com