Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wishing You Much Happiness!

Hello!  Sorry you haven't seen me this week.  I have been working on some bookmarks that my church asked me to create for their 160th anniversary.  Did I say "some", well the amount is much more than that, as they want me to make 150!  I first came up with an idea, which I do love and last weekend, they approved it and agreed that it is so pretty.  Of course, they asked me if I couldn't do something simple?  I think it is simple, just with some steps.  You know typical "Tina" style!   I will show you my bookmark sample later in this post.  But, first I want to show you my card that I have for you today!  I got my Verve stamps and dies that I won last week in the mail yesterday, so I knew I had to ink something up and get a card made.  How exciting ... my first card from the "haul"!!  The haul is so big, I have to admit that I had a very hard time deciding what to ink up first!  Let me show you my card ... enjoy!



Here is a pic of my "haul"!  Wow, can you believe it?  I am so lucky!


What do you think of the card?  I absolutely love the Pennant Trim Die!  It is awesome!  The flower I stamped and colored and then cut out with the one of the Scalloped Flowers die.  I don't think I have ever really worked with one of the solid dies with a matching stamp.  But, it was super simple.  Here is the pic of the die and the plastic alignment tool that comes with it.
What you do is lay the clear alignment tool over your stamped image, lining it up.  Do you see the little holes on the outer edge?  You take a pen and mark on your paper thru these holes.  And then when you lay the die down, you line up the holes on your paper with the holes on the die and it makes it perfectly lined up!  Pretty darn cool, if you ask me! 

Recipe:

Paper - October Afternoon Woodland Park line: "Willow Path" and "Blue Sky", Cardstock Natural White, Green, Pink
Stamps - Verve Brighter Days set
Ink - Memento Black, Copics (did you notice I did a little blending ... how did I do?)
Tools - Verve A Cut Above Dies: Scalloped Flowers (set of 2, the one pictured above is the smaller of the 2), Pennant Trim  
Other - Ribbon by American Crafts, Pink Pearls

Now, before I go, I have to show you the bookmark that I am making for my church ...



That is it for me today.  I will be back tomorrow, so see you then!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina, your bookmark is beautiful!!! Hope those folks are very appreciative of your labor intensive gift from the heart! It's very special!
Diana Bell. >;0)

 
design by suckmylolly.com