Sunday, June 13, 2010

Can't Imagine A World Without You!

Hello! First off, I wanted to let you know that there are two blog posts from me today. So, if you are coming straight to my blog, be sure to scroll down to see the second post. Two posts in one day? Well, I made the card in this post first, and then realized that it would be posting on the same day that is Father's Day and I remembered that Gary, my hubby, got me a Mother's Day card from him and the girls (our dogs), so I figured I had better make him one too!

Now let's get to today's card ... since I have been back in town, one of the things I have been doing is catching up on the new entries from all the blogs I frequent. I have participated several times in the Mojo Monday sketch challenges. When I saw their challenge for this week, I first thought that I wouldn't want to do this one because there is one piece in the layout that is slanted and I tend to like everything straight up and down. But then I got to thinking of why it is called a challenge and so I decided to give it a try! For quite a while now, I have been oogling (is that a word?) over a couple of different sets from Verve and so when I saw over the Memorial Day weekend, they were having a sale, I went for it and did an order with them. The day I got back from the scrapbook convention, the package was laying on my desk. And even though, I spent a bundle at the convention, and had many new stamps to show for it, I was still thrilled when I saw my Verve stamps! The Mojo Monday sketch is hosted by Julee Tilman who owns Verve, so I thought perfect, I will use one of my new stamp sets for the challenge. Yes, I know you don't have to use Verve stamps to do the challenge, but since I have them, and I was dying to stamp them ... I think this would also be a good time to tell you that the flower on my card, you will see over and over on many cards in the future! I love it! Let me show you my card and then the sketch ... enjoy!




I hate to say it, but I kinda like that little slanted square! It really draws your eye to it and adds a lot of interest to the card. What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - Floral Multi Print by Sei called Mimosa, Yellow Print by Cosmo Cricket from DeLovely 6x6 mini deck, Cardstock White, Coral
Stamps - Verve stamps - One Person clear set
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Punches/Die Cuts - Sizzix Loops die (on 12" die with Rick Rack), EK Success border punch, Classic Circle Nestibilites 2 sizes
Other - Ribbon, Pearls (2 colors) by Queen & Co., Art Institute Glitter - Yellow (around center of flower)

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful. Love the colors and the fun loops. Thanks for playing! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com