Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Texas Tuesday is Here!

Howdy! That is a Texas greeting for this Texas Tues-Step! As you know, a while back I started participating in making "Texas" cards with a group that posts them on their blogs every 1st and 3rd Tuesdays. Even though I was making the Texas cards, I really wasn't one of the group ... until now! A couple of weeks ago, I sent a note to Libby, who is the one who started this great idea, and asked if I could join their group and she said, "yes"! I am so excited! My first group! At the end of my post, I have added the names of the other team members, so you can go to their blogs from mine and see their Texas creations too! Mark, owner of Deadbeat Designs, who you might remember from when I had the store, is one of the members, and if you don't follow his blog, you should. He is such a hoot! And to prove this point, his humor shows thru in the sentiment I used on my card, as it is one of his creations. So, let's get to my Texas card ... enjoy!


So what do you think? How do like the sentiment? Just a hoot, right? My whole card started because of the blue pattern paper I found the other day at the scrapbook store. I don't know why but the blue, tan, copper combo just said "Texas" to me! Funny how that works sometimes! They had only the one sheet left and no coordinating papers to go with it so I came home and went through my box of scrapbook paper to find some of my own papers to coordinate with it. I really love how it all came together!

Recipe:

Paper - Blue Pattern by SEI called Moravic, Cream Pattern at bottom of card by Stampin' Up (retired), and Cream Check by Die Cuts With A View from Flower Shower Matstack, Cardstock Dark Blue, Copper Brown
Stamps - Both from Deadbeat Designs (Sentiment is on one block. I cut it to make it fit better in circle)
Ink - Ranger Adirondack Denim, Clear Embossing Powder by JudiKins (this ink is actually a die ink, but I was able to emboss by adding powder quickly)
Punches/Die Cuts - Classic Circles & Pinking Circle Nestiblities, Tim Holtz Texture Fades - Gridlock (on copper brown piece on top of circle)
Other - Pearls by Queen & Co., Ribbon


Now as promised, click on the links below to go to the blogs of the Texas Tuesday Team.

Mark
Libby
Shannon
Betty
Geeta
Linda

Happy Stamping!
Tina

6 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Tina this is gorgeous! And yes, love the greeting - HA! Glad to have you joining us!

mark said...

love all the patterns! very cool!

Shannan Teubner said...

Love it, Tina! Welcome to our crazy little group! lol

Betty J Schaub said...

Beautiful! Love it!

Anonymous said...

love this card. great layout. welcome to the posse!

LeslieRahye said...

congrats on joining a group! Love the card!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com