Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heart and Soul

Hello! Today's card is a sympathy card for a friend who lost her brother. She did the photography for my wedding. (So if you live in the metroplex, and need a good photographer, you should contact Cindi at Shooting Star Photos!) She is also a stamper, so I knew I needed to a nice card to send. I am finally using the Just Rite Stamps that I got at the scrapbook convention. I really love how it came out. Here it is ...

The Linen Closet matstack has very soft tones, which made it perfect for a sympathy card. I went through a bunch of inks to try to find a color to match the papers for my sentiment. In the end, I decided to just emboss in metallic gold. Perfect! It's crazy how embossing in metallic gold is what got me hooked over 15 years ago, yet I very rarely emboss in gold now. But, it is tried and true and much needed for this elegant card! One more thing, this is a tip you have heard from me before but I am repeating it now for you. Do you see how the floral paper has a very distinct cream background? You would be tempted to use a cream cardstock, but I used white instead, making the whole think pop!

Recipe:

Paper - Die Cuts With a View - Linen Closet Matstack, Cardstock White
Stamps - Just Right Thinking of You Set
Ink - Versamark, JudiKins Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun
Punches/Die Cuts - Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch, Big Scalloped Oval, Classic Oval, & Classic Circle Nestibilites
Other - Pearls by Stamping Bella, Gold Twine by May Arts

I made a list of the cards that I need for birthdays and other occasions this coming month and the list is very long! I need to send a couple this week. I hope to have time to get them done. My husband's daughter and family that we went to see recently in Arkansas will be here for a couple of days this week. We'll see! Hope to be back tommorrow.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com