Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sow's Life?

Hello! Today I stamped out a couple more wood mounted stamps I recently purchased from Inky Antics and yes, you guessed right, one is a pig! And, of course, I had to make it a pink pig! I do have one quick story to tell you before I show you my card. After I finished, or at least I thought I had finished my card, I came in to watch a little t.v. and remembered that I had cut off the pig's tail when I cut out the pig and I forgot to add one. It reminded me of when I was a kid. You see my mom signed me up for an acting workshop at Casa Manana, a theatre in Fort Worth. At the end of the workshop, we did a play called the Christmas Pig and I was the pig. I didn't have a lot of lines, if any ... I guess they knew acting was not in my future! Anyway, the part I do remember is that they had me wear pink pajamas and they were supposed to have a paper tail for me. Well, they forgot my tail! A little dejavu? Thanks for letting me share this silly childhood story! As far as my pig tail on my card, I went back to my room and looked and looked for some pink wire which I never found. I decided to go with some mizuhiki paper cord - perfect! Here is my card with my pig and her tail!

I stamped the pig four times on pink cardstock and popped up the whole face, then the ears and the snout! The card is pretty silly but I think pretty cute too! Whatcha think?

Recipe:

Paper - Cosmo Cricket Delovely Mini Deck, Cardstock with Pink Dots - unkown company, Cardstock plain Aqua, White, Brown. Light Pink
Stamps - Inky Antics
Ink - Versafine Black
Punches/Die Cuts - Classic Circle, Classic Scalloped Circle, and Labels 9 Nestiblites
Other - Flowers by Prima, Pearls by Queen & Co., Mitzuhiki paper cord by Yasutomo

Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

emarci said...

Oh Tina...
I love your story and your card! Those types of things always happened to me in childhood and now, too. I miss your store everyday, even though I live in Houston! At least I could visit once in a while and take classes. Hope you are doing well!
Marci

silvthread said...

I love your pig. My daddy always raised pigs to pigs have a special place in my heart. You are always so entertaining. I love to read your daily updates.

 
design by suckmylolly.com