Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boo!

Hello!  O.k. I am really cooking on the Halloween cards now.  I realized it is a week and a half away which doesn't give me all that much time.  I have made four more to show you, that is one for today, one for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  And then I  hope to make four or five for next week.  If I do that, the count will be at 12 and then I will need to make multiples of a couple of favorites because I will need at least 20 to send.  Then, we move on to Thanksgiving cards ... and then Christmas.  Just thinking of that overwhelms me, so let's get back to today's card which is for Halloween!  I got a chance to stamp with some friends a couple of weeks ago, and one of the girls had brought one of Martha Stewart's Halloween border punches, so I spent time punching out some "Boo" borders.  I just had to come up with a card so that I could use them.  Here it is.  Enjoy!


My original idea was to have the boos lining up on the left, one boo on the first line, two boos on the second line and three boos on the last.  But, to make this work, there was no way I was going to get to use the image of the tree and moon, so I went with plan B!  I like the way it came out.  It showcases the tree image and the boo borders.  What do you think, is it bootiful?  (ha, ha!)

Recipe:

Paper - Orange Sparkle from $1 Pack from Target, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - Tree Scene from Stampendous
Ink - Versafine Black, Marvy Matchable Pale Orange (I used JudiKins Eclipse tape to make a reverse mask so I could use my stipple brush to stipple color just in the center of the moon.)
Tools - Classic Circle, Pinking Circle, and Classic Scalloped Oval Nestibilities (Oval was used to make left side black panel), Seeing Spots Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch
Other - Ranger Quicky Glue Pen, Black Glitter (on tree), Gelly Roll Glaze Pen (on bats), Ribbon, Tiny Pearls by Kaiser (I love this addition on top of the ribbon)

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

wayred48 said...

That tree image is great! Love the design and the ghosts are too cute. Must be about time for Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin show, in my 50's and still watch it every year. Great card Tina!

 
design by suckmylolly.com