Saturday, October 23, 2010

What's Brewing?

I realized in the middle of the night that I did not post my Saturday card for you yet.  I guess with the Rangers win, I didn't think of anything else!  Our home team, the Texas Rangers are going to the World Series.  First Time!  So excited!  Hip Hip Hooray!

O.k. now let me calm down and talk about today's card.  Earlier in the week, I went through my box of cards I brought from the store to see if there were any Halloween ideas I could use.  Well, I found this small size card that I made when we did the Amuseapalooza event.  I decided to take just the stamped panel off and use it to make an updated card.  Now, I know you would have never have known that the stamps were not stamped this week, but I feel like for my blog, it is important to share my creative process with you and if that means telling you on on this card I used a prestamped image, that is the way it should  be.  I was glad that I did it this way because I realized later that the sentiment "what's brewing", I don't have in my stamp collection now and that really makes the card complete.  Let me show you my card.  Enjoy! 
 


I do have to tell you about the sentiment.  On the original card, it was just green in the flag shape, but when I went to pull off the original card, it was stuck down so good, it lost some of its cardstock backing, so I ended up punching it out with the Stampin' Up punch and then layering it back onto some black cardstock.  I think the new was is better.  I like the layout I used but I felt like it need something in the two top corners, so after playing with lots of ideas, the paper flowers from The Cat's Pajamas dies are what I came up with for the left side and the little corner punch for the right.  I really like how it all came out.  I wish I would have take a pic of the original card but basically it was the stamped panel on a preprinted polka dotted foldover.  This new card is so much more fun!

Recipe:

Paper - Green Spiders from $1 Target pack, Black felted spider paper by unknown (purchased recently at Scrapbook store but no name on paper), Cardstock Orange, Black, White, Green
Stamps - A Muse
Ink - Versafine Black (this is my favorite now but it is likely I used Memories Black when this was actually stamped), Tombow Markers
Tools - Flower Button Dies from The Cat's Pajamas, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, EK Success Corner Punch
Other - Green dots from $1 bin JoAnn's (I think ... last two in my stash)

I have one more fun card I found in the store's box to share with you.  It is a card I taught in a class when I had the store.  Too cute not to share ...


I don't have the exact directions for you, but basically you create a pocket with cardstock and punch two holes at the top of your pocket and string your ribbon through these creating a holder to place the Pop Rocks in and then tie the ribbon into a bow at the top, so when you pull on the ribbon the Pop Rocks move up so that they show!  Hence, the sentiment ... You Rock!  This wouldn't necessarily have to be for Halloween, but I know I taught it around that time because I can see the cardstock pocket was run through one of the Halloween Cuttlebug folders. 

That is it for my for this week.  I am working on  more Halloween cards to show you this weekend so I should have one for you each day next week to share!  Oh, and be sure to tune in on Monday, when I will be announcing my first ever blog candy give-away!!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

silvthread said...

I love this You Rock card. What a great idea. It is so cute.

 
design by suckmylolly.com