Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 95th Birthday Mom!

 Yes, today's card is made for my mom's birthday, which is today.  Let me warn you right now, it is not in fall colors!  Her favorite color is PINK and that is what she is gonna get.  I didn't have a particular sketch in mind, so I decided to go with the current Mojo Monday sketch.  I think it came out great.  I do have to tell you a quick story before I get to my card.  Last week, when I went to visit my mom at the nursing home, I decided to take in a box of my cards I've made to show her just for something different to talk about.  Anyway, she liked all of them but when she came to the one that had the sentiment on it that says "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world", she started crying and saying how that was such a lovely sentiment.  I decided right then I would stamp that sentiment on her card.  You have seen it used on my cards a few times and this will be another time.  Thanks for letting me share my sweet mom story.  Let me show you my card   And the sketch.  Enjoy!


I do want to note that on the sketch, there were buttons.  But, I didn't have any that were the right color, so even though it is a variation, I went with the rhinestones instead.  I think having the circles behind them gives an illusion of a button.  In the Verve set, there was a small "mom" stamp, so I stamped it and added it under the ribbon.  And of course, I added the flower.  It just needed it to complete it.  I love the card and I know she will too.  If we take a good picture of her, I will try to post it later today.


Recipe:

Paper - Glitter Dots by Best Creation, Inc.  Pink and White by Stampin' Up (retired), Cardstock White, Pink
Stamps - Verve Stamps One Person set
Ink - Versafine Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spun Sugar for flower stamped for background on white panel
Tools - Tim Holtz Bracket Die, Ek Success Scalloped Border Punch, Ek Success Small Round Punch
Other - Ribbon by AMuse, Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina

3 comments:

Susan B said...

This is one of my favorites in the challenge...clean and elegant...just beautiful. Well done!

Joanne Travis said...

Such a pretty card and a very beautiful sentiment!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Your card is so beautiful. Very touching sentiment for your Mom! Thanks for sharing.

 
design by suckmylolly.com