Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wonderful Friend! And More!

Hello!  Happy Halloween weekend!  Do you know you have just two more days to get in on my blog candy?  All you have to do is leave one comment on any of my posts from this  week and you are entered.  And you can double your chances by becoming a follower!  If you need more details, you can see them on my last Monday's post HERE!  Right now, there are 6 entries, so the odds are good for everyone! 

I have a birthday card to show you today.  My friend, Donna, likes purple so I knew I wanted to find papers that have purple.  The paper I found to use for my background paper had purples and lots of other colors among the flowers to pick from.  I decided to go with orange as the coordinating color.  Yes, I guess I have Halloween on my brain!  I used one of the Pure Innocence girls from My Favorite Things.  Here it my card ... enjoy!

 

The only thing on the card I am not sure of, is how I covered up the stamped  flower that she is holding behind her back, with a large flower rhinestone.  You know me and baubles, can a card have too much bling?  Overall, I think it came out pretty darn cute! 

Recipe:
Paper - Flower Background from My Paper Studio, Purple Pattern by Die Cuts with a View Summer Dream Matstack, Orange Stripe from Stampin' Up Retired paper
Stamps - My Favorite Things, Sentiment by Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ranger White Pen on hearts on her top and pantsTools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Labels 8 Nestibilities, EK Success Scalloped Border Punch
Other - Ribbon by Unknown, Purple flower and circle rhinestones by Hero Arts, Button, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas 


Donna & I had a very fun day Thursday as we drove down to Salado and went to Stamp Salado!  Yes, I got to go to a real stamp store!  Now, I love scrapbook stores too, but there is just something special about a stamp store.  Hee Hee!  And on the way back, we stopped at all the craft chain stores.  Remember we live out in the boonies, so we always have to drive to get to the chain stores.  So, we took advantage of already being on the road! 

I do have one more item to show you, as Donna brought me a little cone treat bag that she made to put Halloween candies in.  It is just too fun not too share!  Love it and you will too!
Check out the great job she did on the ruffled ribbon look!

Shows the inside and the ribbon attachment.  How about that cute pumpkin brad as an embellishment?
I plan on being back tomorrow with one more reminder about my Just Treats blog candy and probably another card! 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You just can't help doing great stuff, can you Tina?!

 
design by suckmylolly.com