Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm a Little Batty for You!

Hello!  Going through the blogs I frequent, I came across a color challenge using Black, Cream, and Craft.  I immediately thought those colors might work for Halloween, so I made myself a note, in case I got inspiration later for that combo when I was out in my "shack".  So, yesterday, I came across a DP with a cream background and beautiful black swirls and thought of that challenge again.  One note, this paper was purchased, I am sure, for the reverse side which is orange with tiny black polka dots.  And that is why the double sided papers are so cool!  Anyway, back to my card ... I went with a big bat for my main image because I knew he would be solid black.  In fact I embossed him in black so he would stand out even more.  I went with a simple layout that I have been wanting to try.  I think I might like to do this one again, with brighter colors.  Speaking of colors, I have to say, it was all I could do to NOT add another color to this card, like an orange, or a purple. As you know, I like colors, bright ones!  And that is why this one was a true challenge!  Let me show you my card and you can be the judge ... enjoy!

 

When it came to embellishing, I felt lucky to find a little jar with three pearls left in it.  But I thought it could use a little more so I found these pieces of rhinestones attached together and added them.  Truthfully, looking at it on the screen now, I am wondering if I should have used that big bat as it dosent' seem to go with the elegance of the paper and embellishments.  Help me decide ... do you like it?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Recipe:
Paper - The Girls Paperie Toil and Trouble, Cardstock Black, Cream, Craft
Stamps - Big Bat by Hot Potatoes, Sentiment by A Muse
Ink - Versafine Black, Judikins Detail Black Powder, heat gun
Tools - Marvy Matchable Corner Rounder, EK Success corner punch
Other - Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Cream Pearls by Stamping Bella, Attached black rhinestones by Prima

I will have another card for you tomorrow.
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Selma said...

Yes, I do like it. I think it is beautiful.

 
design by suckmylolly.com