Monday, October 11, 2010

My Ghoulfriends!

Hello!  I am a little late in posting my card today because of a mishap in my stamp room last night.  I will tell you all about that after I show you my card.  I saw the challenge on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog was to make a card for BFF ...Buttons, Flowers and Friendship.  My first thought was, would would it be possible since I am doing Halloween?  And then I thought about the witch stamp I own from My Favorite Things.  When I got the stamp out and realized one of the sentiments said ghoulfriends, I did a little woo hoo and got to creating.  Let me show you my finished card.  I really love the end result!  Enjoy!


Now let me share my mishap!  You see, I was working on today's card and I had got the front done and was just adding my inside sentiment.  When I finished doing that, I realized the black stamp pad was left open on my desk.  My first thought was that could have been bad.  And then I looked at the front of my card... OMG black ink all other the bottom and especially on my main white panel!  Well, I almost cried.  It is so unusual for that to happen for me.  I am usually great about making sure to cover my inks so that does not happen.  But it was getting late and I was hurrying!  My main panel was the part I just didn't see redoing as I had paper pieced and colored.  There was also ink on the purple background on the left side of the card and a little on the orange panel. Just to let you know the layout I was going with before this happened was like the card I did here. So, I switched sides on everything to cover the ink, but had to create a new orange panel.  I couldn't figure out any way to cover all the ink at the bottom of my main panel without cutting it off and that is what I did!  I added a black ribbon at the bottom to hide where the cut off was. And my flowers covered the rest!  So, that redo took another hour. But, like I said earlier, I really do love the finished card.  What do you think?

Recipe:


Paper - Orange and Purple from $1 pack from Target dollar bin, Halloween text paper from old stash, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - My Favorite Things
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Rectangle Scalloped Nestiblities (I had to cut off and tape it to make it smaller when I had to cut my white panel)
Other - Black grossgrain ribbon unknown, Flowers by Prima, Button, White Thread by The Cat's Pajamas, Orange Dot Sparklers by Stampendous

I will have another card for you tomorrow.  See you then!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

7 comments:

Donna said...

Love it...especially like the paper piecing on the skirts! Bummer on the ink misshap, but the card turned out great!

Ashley said...

Very good job! love the lay out! and i like the papers a lot! thanks for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm giving away a candy so have a look at my blog!

Danielle Champagne said...

Well, Tina, I love it! if you hadn't told, Iwouldn't have known. Your layout is very interesting, just as our image is funny! I love witches...Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular BFF challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Annette said...

What a fab card! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, wow!! What a story you have behind this card! It is a wonderful card - I love how it turned out and we'd never know the mishap if you hadn't told us! It looks perfect!
Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week! Good Luck on our BFF challenge!
Hugs
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Carolyn said...

Love this Halloween card. Love the witches from MFT. Such a perfect card for our BFF Challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Leonie said...

Great job creating this stunning halloween card with our BFF challenge this week at SSC. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs leonie

 
design by suckmylolly.com