Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Today is the day!  Halloween that is!  Here is a tidbit of info ... my parents married 73 years ago today!  Now that is pretty crazy!  I have many great memories of Halloween myself.  When I was a kid I always had a costume and I can remember my friend Penny & I would go trick or treating all over the neighborhood and then we would go home eat a bunch of candy and watch scary old movies.  In my grown- up years, during my first marriage, I and a bunch of friends would throw the biggest and best Halloween parties.  I think we had one every year for like 15 years!  I had some great costumes, all handmade by me with hot glue!    Even when I was single our church group had parties and again I made costumes!  Halloween now is more laid back, but I will always have those wonderful memories!  Actually, this year we did something very fun.  Our local volunteer fire department offered a haunted hayride.  So we all got on this trailer with a bunch of hay bales and a tractor pulled us down a road in the woods and along the way there were scary items, including some pyrotechnics and fireworks and of course, characters dressed up who jumped at us to scare us!  We laughed more than we screamed, but what fun!  At the beginning we were greeted by the fire captain who preceded to tell us "Be courteous and don't pee on the hay"!  Is that not hilarious?  Thanks for letting me share.  Now let's get to the cards I have for you today.  I have two that I made and one that I received.  Here is the first one ... enjoy! 

I bet you are thinking what crazy colors these are for Halloween, since I used hot pink, orange, and red.  Well, it's not the colors I have used all month.  But, a couple of days ago, I came across The Cat's Pajamas blog where their challenge was to use these three specific colors.  (Earlier in the week, when I was having back problems, I got way behind on my blog reader, but now I am much better and caught up too!)  I knew I still wanted to make some kind of Halloween card for my mom and decided that these colors would work.  Pink is her favorite, and orange is Halloween, and Red ... well, the red I picked blends well!  All year, I have stamped my bear for all seasons, so I decided I had to use him for one of my last Halloween creations!  The witch's hat is actually a rub-on that I adhered to cardstock and then cut out.  It is not a perfect fit, but it works.  Do you like the layout I used?  Well, it is the current sketch challenge from Jen.  Let me show the sketch here...
 
Recipe:

Paper - Hot Pink and Red Dot is Stampin' Up Retired, Pick Glitter Dot is Best Creation, Inc., Cardstock White, Orange, Black
Stamps - Bear from The Cat's Pajamas, Halloween Treat Bag and Trick or Treat from Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Nestibilities, Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Other - Rub-Ons from $1 Target find, Tiny Black Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Now, let's get to my next card.  This one I made for my hubby.  Enjoy!


How about that fun frog witch?  Cute, huh?  I found a way to use the last border I had punched from my friend, Cathy's border punches she shared with me!  Woo Hoo!  Love it!

Recipe:

Paper - Eyeball Paper from Best Creation, Inc. Trick or Treat Line, Orange is dotted cardstock from Bo Bunny, Cardstock Black, White
Stamps - Frog from Michael's $1 Bin, Sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black, Tombow Markers
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Nestibilites, Bat Border Punch by Martha Stewart
Other - Ribbon, Green Dot Baubles from Jo Ann's (.50 clearance bin!)

I have one more - this one is one I received from my friend, Donna.  She used my stamp set from My Minds Eye and came up with this adorable Halloween card!  I love it!  And I am very glad I can share it with you!


 

Last but not least, remember you only have until midnight tonight to get in on the drawing for my Just Treats blog candy!  One comment and you are in.  Full details are on Monday's post ... here!

I will announce the winner here sometime tomorrow! Have a very fun and safe Halloween!  

Happy Stamping!
Tina
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com