Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Fall Y'all!

I had to add the "y'all" to the title since today is another addition of Texas Tues-Step.  I told you that on the Texas Tues-Step days, you probably would not be seeing fall cards, but today I  decided to keep my fall/Halloween momentum going and make my card have a fall theme.  It is different, not like any Texas card I have ever seen.  But different is not always bad and I kinda like it!  Let me show you and you can be the judge ,,, enjoy!


I went through my sketch folder, found one I thought would work and started creating.  My Texas is a stamp from Deadbeat Designs (he is on on the team ... so I really try to use his images if at all possible).  The stamp had the words "God bless Texas" on the inside of the Texas shape, but because I didn't want the saying for this card, I just didn't ink that part.  I got all the layers done but went to digging through drawers to find some kind of embellishments, or something that I could add to the Texas shape to tie in with my DP I used.  Oh my gosh, I found all kinds of things.  I have so much stuff that I didn't even remember having ... yes, a true stamper!  Oh sorry, got a little off track.  Anyway, I found some copper Peel-Offs with a branch that reminded me of the DP, so that is the little sticker on top of my Texas shape.  It got colored with Magenta's Peel-Off marker before adding it.  I found 3 or four of these corduroy buttons, so you will probably see these again!  And last but not least, I found a whole little package of gold leaves.  So, I painted it with sharpies!  I originally thought I would want some dark navy ribbon for the card, but after looking through hundreds of yards of ribbon I own, I found I don't have any solid dark blue.  So, I ended up going with the linen thread, which worked!

Recipe:

Paper - Little Yellow Bicycle Fresh Print Traveler Line -Leaf Medley, Cardstock Natural White, Rust, Olive Green, Navy
Stamps - Texas by Deadbeat Designs, Happy Fall by A Muse
Ink - Versafine Majestic Blue, Magenta Peel-Off Marker - Green, Sharpies Green & Brown
Tools - Labels 9, Classic Circles Nestibilities, Square Lattice embossing folder by Stampin' Up, Scalloped Border Punch by EK Success
Other - Sticker Branch Peel-Off by Magenta, Button & Leaf Charm - unknown, Green Pearls by Queen & Co., Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas

Don't forget to click on the Texas Team links on the right side of my blog.  They should have some more great Texas creations for you.  And I will see you tomorrow.   

Happy Stamping!
Tina
  

5 comments:

ellepaulette said...

What a perfect card!! :)

Y'all should start a challenge blog so other Texans can play along with you all! It would be so much fun!

Betty J Schaub said...

It's terrific and right now it fits! It's 52 degrees here in North Texas!!!

Jennifer Moore said...

I like the fall Texas card. It's actually starting to feel like fall in central Texas and I'm digging it.

mark said...

love it!

Stamper on the Edge, said...

Great work! With cooler temps here, nice fall greetings are so perfect this time of year.

 
design by suckmylolly.com