Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flowers Just for You!

Hello!  I have a new technique to share with you today.  Actually, I am just the "passer on", as I got the idea from Anne Harada's blog called Everlasting Ink.  She is an ex-customer of mine and she has also done a tutorial for it on Splitcoast Stampers, which you can see here.  Her technique is called Faux Pressed Flowers.  And I am amazed how much the flowers really do look like real pressed flowers.  They are super simple to create.  All you need is a few of the Prima flowers we all have in our room, a glue stick and an embossing folder with a very tight grid design.  For my card, I went with the square lattice folder from Stampin' Up.  Let me show you my card.  Enjoy!


Close-Up View
Simply, glue flowers to paper and run through with embossing folder and they appear to be part of the paper instead of added on top.  What do you think ... very cool technique?  I like it.  I need to try some other folders ... to be continued!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella Rose Gertie paper pad, Cardstock White, Yellow, Rose, Olive
Stamps - Branch by Inkadinkado from Garden Delight clear set, Sentiment from Woodware Designs
Ink - Versafine Sepia Moss
Tools - Petite Scalloped Oval Large, Petite Oval Small Nestibilities, McGill Tag Punch, Square Lattice embossing folder by Stampin' Up, Polka Dot embossing folder
Other - Pink Rhinestones by Queen & Co., Button by Basic Grey, Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Anne Harada said...

Oh wow Tina! This is GORGEOUS!! I love how it came out, this technique just looks so cool and professional!! Awesome!! Makes you wonder what else you can "press" onto your cards with an embossing folder, huh??! :) Thanks for the link to my blog GF!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com