Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love from Texas!

Hello!  Today's card is one that I actually started a couple of weeks ago, but put it aside when I decided to change directions and make a Texas Valentine card instead.  I got it back out , but quickly realized it needed something, didn't know what, but something.  On the main panel, I had inked the big Texas stamp in a blue ink and then before stamping on paper, I inked up the swirl stamp in white and stamped onto the rubber of the Texas stamp, so that when the Texas stamp is on paper, it appears to have a white swirl design in the blue letters.  I think they call this the "kiss" technique.  I also had made a frame with one of the Spellbinders die cuts in blue, stamping that same swirl in white.  But, it still needed something, so today I ended up adding polka dotted paper behind the Texas panel, some ribbon and a little homemade Texas embellishment.  Now I like it!  Here it is ... enjoy! 

 


Recipe:

Paper - Dotted Paper by Jillibean Soup, Cardstock Blue, White
Stamps - Deadbeat Designs (Worn Out Texas, Western Swirl Left & Right)
Ink - Staz-On White, Blue - not sure
Tools - Lables 8, Classic Oval, Classic Heart, Classic Circle Nestibilities, Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder, sm. Texas punch by EK Success
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Heart Rhinestones by Queen & Co., Memo Pin by Tim Holtz

Make sure you go to the other Texas team members blogs and see their Texas creations. As of this morning, I see that Danielle, Karen, and Mark have Texas posts on thier blogs.  You can find their links on the right side of my blog.  It's possible some of the others will get their cards done later in the day.  I guess I am not as late in posting as I thought! 

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!
Tina

4 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

This is great - one of my favorite color combos, and I love the polka dots! And that little stick pin is wonderful!

JoanL said...

Love the country colors. Great card!

mark said...

nice job - love the 'kiss' technique, hate the name!

Jennifer Moore said...

I think the polka dot paper was a nice addition. It gives it more of the Texas color scheme. I love the kiss technique you used. It is perfect for that Texas stamp.

 
design by suckmylolly.com