Friday, February 25, 2011

A Friend with Chocolate!

Hello!  I am back with another card combining both a color challenge from the Color Throwdown blog and a sketch challenge from My Favorite Things.  I recently picked up this cute Pure Innocence girl at The Crafty Scrapper.  I love that she is selling a few stamps for us, stampers!  Since the sketch is MFT, I thought it would be a perfect time to ink her up!  Let's get to it.  Following my card, I will add the sketch, and the color palette.  Enjoy!








Did I do good or what?  What is fun about the color challenges is that you have to look at all your scrapbook paper in new ways.  For instance, I found the saffron color on the backside of a paper that had colorful stars on the front - you just never know where you will find the perfect colors.  Yes, the stripe panel is exactly the colors, and I was pleased to find it!  I do have one tip on paper piecing the girls and cutting out the elements ... each girl is different, but on this one, I originally cut out just the box without her arms attached but I quickly found out that if I did that, her arms would look like they were below the pieced dress and box layer, so by leaving her arms attached to the box, it appears that her arms and box are above her dress, which is the effect I want.  I guess what I am trying to say is that when you want to  paper piece the clothing on these intricate images, you may have to experiment in how you cut the other elements out to create your finished look.  I hope that makes sense.

Recipe:

Paper - Stripe is from retired Stampin' Up, Orange is from Echo Park (backside) from A Walk in the Park, and Saffron color is from October Afternoon (backside) called Tent Trailer, Cardstock White, Pink, Dark Brown
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence called A Box of Love
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic for facial
Tools - Labels 4, Martha Stewart Scalloped border punch
Other - Ribbon, Button from O' Scrap, Linen Thread from TCP, Rhinestones

I have one more card for you tomorrow.  So, stop back by!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Oh, what a fabulous use of this week's colors and the MFT sketch!! Lovely! Hey, we used the same paper! Great minds.....

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! Perfect use of the colors! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

 
design by suckmylolly.com