Monday, February 14, 2011

Have A Dam Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello!  First, I want to comment on yesterday's blog hop with DeNami.  I really enjoyed visiting all the other blogs and seeing their cute button creations.  But, I have to say, my card compared to any of theirs, was like buttons on steroids!  My thinking was since it was a button themed blog hop, I should use as many buttons in as creatively as I could and so I did.  If you missed my card, make sure to scroll down to yesterday's post to see it.  And don't forget, you still have time to hop around and leave comments as long as you do it before 11:59 p.m. PST Monday night.  You might just be the lucky winner of one of the DeNami Design gift certificates! 

Now, on to my last two official Valentine's cards!  Yes, I said two!  Special treat, huh?  Two in one day!  Did you see the title of this post?  No, I am not cussing at you!  This is a sentiment from Inky Antics!  And, I bet you can guess what goes with it!  Yes, a very cute beaver!  Here it is ... enjoy!



Recipe:

Paper - We R Memory Keepers Valentine Sweetness, Cork, Cardstock Red, White
Stamps - Inky Antics Forest Friends #2 clear set
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Labels 5, Tags Trio Nestibilities, Sizzix Giant Scalloped Die
Other - Heart Pearls by Hero Arts, Ribbon


My second card has a bit of a different look for me.  It is my Valentine for my hubby.  I always make him silly cards with my cute array of animal stamps.  This time I had an idea to go a different direction.  I saw on one of the blogs, a sentiment I wanted to use.  I believe they said the stamp was from Just Rite stamps.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to order it, so I cheated and printed the sentiment out on the computer. You will see along with the normal Valentine colors, I added a background of green, which is quite an odd choice but it is my hubby's favorite color.  So, the whole card has elements that don't necessarily go together, but the way I did the layout, I think it works.  You can be the judge.  Enjoy!

I had to show you the inside or my card would not have a stamped image!  Wouldn't that be terrible?  Anyway, what do you think?  Music is my hubby's hobby, hence the music paper.  (He has a whole room wall to ceiling full of LP's, 45's and CD's!) The silver heart is one I found in my stash from Making Memories.  I think it actually has some kind of eyelet on the back, but I used Diamond Glaze to attach it to one of those pins from Tim Holtz!  And then I just glue dotted that rhinestone bauble to the front.  Instant embellishment!  I like the card, hopefully he will too!

Recipe:

Paper - We R Memory Keepers Family & Keepsake line (new), Music paper, Cardstock White, Red, Black
Stamps - Verve - inside sentiment
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Cuttlebug Seeing Spots (on top of green paper bkgd) & Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folders, Stampin' Up scalloped border punch
Other - Heart by Making Memories,  Memo Pins by Tim Holtz, Rhinestone on heart from $1 Target bargain bin, Rhinestones by Queen & Co., Ribbon

Tomorrow is Texas Tues-Step so I will have a Texas themed card for you.  Oh, one more thing, I updated the blogs for inspiration list that shows up on the right side of my blog.  I took off the ones that I don't look at anymore or are defunct and added the ones I do.  You will now find all 175 links!  Yes, it is a lot and that is why I use Google Reader!  I have been wanting to update this for a while now.  I hope this is something that you will find helpful.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Eileen said...

Love the "dam" Valentine - nicely done - yet again!

 
design by suckmylolly.com