Friday, February 11, 2011

Whoo Loves You?

Hello!  Today, I have a cute little Valentine treat box to share.  I saw the idea here on the reasonable ribbon blog, which has lots of ideas of using ribbon as they are also a store that sells ribbon.  I have never ordered from them, but maybe in the future?  I do like ribbon!  The Valentine box idea I believe they said they got the idea from another blog, so I guess I am just passing this along!  Actually, you could make this with any die shape, not just a heart.  Basically, you make a small square box and attach it to two shaped dies for the top and bottom.  I have some pics to show you.  But, before I do that, I have to tell you that I am also entering  my little heart box in the Color Throwdown challenge, which you can see here.  When I saw the colors were black, red, orchid, and pink, I thought oh yeah, I can do that!  Let's get to it ...enjoy! 



How fun is that?  I ordered this owl punch from Stampin' Up a while back and had never taken the wrapping off.  It was time.  I love the way it came out and I am glad I ordered it now, because it is soooo cute.  But, I have to say punching, for me, is stressful!  So many tiny pieces to keep track of and place where you want them.  Thank goodness I had some adhesive in my small Xyron X or I don't know what I would have done!  Glue dots would be helpful too, but some of those pieces were way too small for glue dots.  I rarely make a project with out stamps, so I found this great sentiment for Hero Arts to add, how perfect!

Recipe:

Paper - Dots are from $1 Target bargain bin, Cardstock Red, Orchid, Black, Pink, White
Stamps - Whoo Loves You from Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Stampin' Up Owl Punch, Marvy Heart Punch, Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder, Classic Scalloped Heart and Classic Heart Nestibilities
Other - Happy Valentine's Day ribbon around box from $1 Target bargain bin

Well, there are just three more days before Valentine's Day and I still have at least four cards planned.  One of those will be on Sunday for the DeNami blog hop.  And, before that on Saturday, I will have at least one more for you.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

María de los Ángeles said...

A beautiful idea, this box is very cute.

Broni said...

This is totally cute and so cool! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com