Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tons of Love!

Hello!  Winter weather has returned ... yuk!  I am so ready for Spring!  So, in anticipation of the upcoming weather, I spent Tuesday out in my shack. I spent most of my time on one card.  Yes, I am a slow stamper, but as they say, it is, what it is!   Remember this post that I did on using the Inky Antics new honey pop collection?  Well, I a made a card with the other set I purchased.  This one is called Birthday Elephant.  One of the stamps in the set says "wishing you tons of fun".  I decided to change the sentiment to say love instead of fun to go with this week's "love" theme!  The pop up design incuded in the set is a balloon.  But, I figured it wouldn't be that hard to change the circle and make it into a heart, so that is what I did.   It came out pretty good.  You can check it out and see what you think!  Before I get to my card, I want to share one more thing.  This week on the Inky Antics blog, Jackie talked about their new Honey Pop collection and she linked her blog post to my blog!!  How cool is that?  She also has a video how-to tutorial.  You can go here to see her blog post.  My friend, Eileen, made a card using this same elephant set, so I will be showing her card pics too, later in this post.  I got ideas for my card from her card.  Thanks Eileen for letting me "case" you!  Here is my card pics ... enjoy!

My Front


My Inside



Close-Up of my Heart Balloon


The next pics are my friend's Eileen card that I "cased" ...

Eileen's Front


Eileen added detail with a white pen.



Eileen's Inside



Close-Up of Eileen's coloring with her Copics.


Isn't it fun to see how two cards can come out so similar, but yet be different enough to show each individual's style?  I loved the white detailing Eileen did on her front panel with the white gel pen.  But, when I tried it, it just looked goopy.  Is that a word?  I went with some little dots of crystal glitter instead.  Speaking of glitter, my friend Eileen is the "glitter queen".  Even though I didn't add as much glitter as she did, I did add a little!  I made sure you got a good close-up of Eileen's coloring with the Copics.  She does a great job here.  I used my old standby of colored pencils and gamsol blending.  I am very satisfied with how mine came out.  Just because it is not the same look, does not mean it is not a good look.  Right?  

Recipe for my card - 

Paper - Bo Bunny Crushed Sugar line, Red Dot is Jillibean Soup, Cardstock White, Red
Stamps - Inky Antics Birthday Elephant Honey Pop
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter
Tools - Classic Scalloped Rectangle, Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Classic Hearts, Tags Trio Nestibilities, Sizzix Giant Scalloped die
Other - Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Red Glitter Brads from $1 Target pack

After looking at the Inky Antics blog and catalog, I have decided there are at least a couple more sets that are going on my wish list!  And of course, I will need more colors of the honeycomb!  What is on your wish list?

Try to stay warm!  Happy Stamping!
Tina

A BIG P.S. I almost forgot to tell you there is another DeNami blog hop coming up.  It all happens this coming Sunday, the 13th.  This time the theme is buttons.  I am off to work on more love creations, including this one! 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TOO CUTE Tina -- beautiful job!!

Eileen

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your card!

 
design by suckmylolly.com