Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine for Mom!

Hello!  I made this Valentine card for my mom last night but I knew I needed to add some bling before posting.  I spent a lot of the day working on tomorrow's card for the DeNami blog hop.  By the time I finished both, it was night time.  So, I am sneaking this one in.  On Monday, I will have my last one or two Valentines to show you.  I am definitely on a roll ... love it!  Let's get to my mom's card.  I had one last pure innocence girl cut out already, and I thought my mom would think she was pretty cute, so you are seeing her again.  I rarely make any other size cards besides A-2's, but today's card is a small square. (4 1/2 x 4/1/2).  What makes this one different is that it does not open, but is actually a pocket that holds a heart shaped card.  Let me show you ... enjoy!   


I love how it came out.  I will try not to think about how she will probably take it all apart.  She's 95 going on 5!  The thing is even knowing this will probably happen does not keep me from making her a great card! 

Recipe:

Paper - Bo Bunny Crushed Sugar paper pad, Cardstock Natural White, Pink, Red
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Girl Making a List, Mom by Verve, Happy V Day by $1 Studio G
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped Heart, Classic Heart Nestibilities, Stampin' Up Scalloped Border punch, Cuttlebug Tiny Heart embossing folder
Other - Ribbon by unknown, Button by Doodlebug Designs, Heart Stickers by Stampendous, Glitter Brad by $1 Target bargain bin

I can't wait until tomorrow to show you my DeNami card.  The blog theme is buttons and I "buttoned" it up for sure!  It all starts at 6 am PST.  Just come here and I will get you to the start so you can hop along and see all the fun button creations!

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

LeslieRahye said...

Hey Tina...this card would qualify to be in the Delightful Digitals Challenge this week--it's Get Punchy and its only requirement is to use punches or dies... :)
Great card!

http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

This is just adorable, and I loved reading the part about your Mom being 95 going on 5. Too cute!

 
design by suckmylolly.com