Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Friend Knows My Song!

Hello!  Today's card I actually made before the last two but was unsure if I liked how it came out, so I was thinking I might change it.  In the end, I decided to just go with it.  It does follow a Mojo Monday sketch challenge, so I will be sharing that with you also.  Let's get to it and then you can be the judge.  Enjoy! 


As you can see, I did good on the sketch.  My original idea formed when I saw the dotted circle and I thought of that package of rhinestones in circles that are in my stash.  From there, I was thinking of how I have seen many images of silhouettes and how cool they look.  And then I thought of the music book I purchased at Canton a while back.  And that is how the card happened.  But, do I love the finished card?  Maybe, maybe not.  I would love to hear your thoughts.  I did add more rhinestone swirls to help the blue rhinestone circle not look so out of place.  Is it the sentiment ... is it too stark of a color for the faded music?  But what other color would be better?  Oh by the way, the sentiment is completed on the inside.  It says " and sings it to me when I forget!"  

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Hopscotch, Cardstock Natural White, Black, Music sheet
Stamps - Bird w/ Leaves from Hampton Art, Sentiment from Darcies
Ink - Versamark, JudiKins Detail Black Embossing Powder, Versafine Black
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle Nestibilities, Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch
Other - Blue Circle Rhinestones by Me and My Big Ideas, Swirl Rhinestones by Recollections, Circle Rhinestones by Hero Arts, Ribbon

That is it for me this week.  Have a great weekend!  I will be back on Monday with another card creation.  See you then.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Barrie Trinkle said...

Had no idea you had owned a RS store in FW -- I would definitely have visited if I had known!

 
design by suckmylolly.com