Thursday, February 17, 2011

Seize the Cupcake!

Hello!  Now, that I am finished with the Valentine cards, I started thinking of what sketches and ideas I had put off to the side.  The major one is the sketch challenge from Jen delMuro, as she has one a month, and her contest is for the person that does all 12 months, so I didn't want to forget to do this month.  That is how my card started.  But, what to use as my focal element?  Recently, I saw an idea where they paper pieced cupcake stamps.  Great idea!  Here is my card and the sketch and then I have a little silly story to share.  Enjoy!



Cupcakes & Stamping ... As you know, these two go hand in hand.  As there are many cupcake stamps from just about every stamp company.  And, papers and ribbon and more.  And I, seem to collect it all!  The cupcake stamp set I used today from Hero Arts, was a huge seller when I had my store.  I reordered it so many times and it sold out every time.  At the end, it was a set I knew I had to have.  But, now the funny part, I don't think before today I had every stamped it!  (maybe once).  How crazy is that?  The idea with  paper piecing the cupcake, I thought DUH ... why didn't I think of that?  I paper piece everything else, why not cupcakes.  The card came out so good, I think you might see more cupcakes from me in the future! 

Recipe:

Paper - Cupcakes & Stripe by My Little Shoebox Just Add Butter line, Brown on cupcake is backside of Echo Park Mother Nature, and Dots are Best Creation, Inc., Cardstock White, Dark Brown
Stamps - Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Tools - Eyelet Circles, Classic Circles Nestibilities
Other - Stampendous Pink Dot Sparkler stickers, Button by O' Scrap

I have one more card for the week and I will it show it to you tomorrow.

Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com