Monday, June 13, 2011

50th Anniversary!

Hello!  Yesterday, I drove up to Dallas to go to an anniversary party for my friend, Suzy, and her husband, Don.  Suzy taught classes for me when I still had my store.  There were a few rep shows that we attended together, out of town, that we shared a room together.  I always remember how she would always find in her suitcase a love note from her hubby along with some candy or something she liked.  I think that kind of love, for so many years, is rare.  And, I am very happy for them!  So, of course, I made them a card, as the invite said no gifts.  I looked at the scrapbook store for some paper that would work, but found nothing.  Most wedding papers are in silver.  So, I thought, I have gold embossing powder, of course!  And, I can do this, without any scrapbook papers ... after all, that "used" to be the way I made ALL of my cards.  I do love how it came out ... here it is ... enjoy!
 





I think I need to just QUIT saying I don't like slanted panels.  Because, I had the panel straight, and it was o.k., but when I turned it, I thought "wow", that is perfect!  I kinda followed this sketch from one of the Saturday's sketches.  You can see it on the post here.  I finally used a couple of the decorative circle and oval images from Just Rite.  I bought several sets at the scrapbook convention a year ago, and have hardly inked them up, which is crazy, because they are pretty cool!  When I was looking for some numbers I could use, I came across these glittery silver ones.  My first thought was that maybe I could go over them with either embossing powder or glitter to get them to be gold instead of silver.  But, I decided I liked them silver and left them as they were.  I thought about some ribbon I sold at the store that was gold on one side, and silver on the other.  So, I went digging in the garage in the ex-store's boxes ... yea, I found it.  It tied the gold and silver together ... so perfect!  What do you think about my card?

Recipe:

Paper - Cardstock White, Gold Tone on Tone Stripe (from stash), Glitter Numbers (also from stash, unknown company)
Stamps - Swirl by JudiKins, Congratulations by Hero Arts, Circle and Oval Accents by Just Rite
Ink - Versamark, JudiKins Detail Embossing Powder, heat gun
Tools - Classic Circle Nestibilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder called Victoria
Other - Tiny Swarovski Crystals as accents on Swirl, Rhinestones by Hero Arts, Ribbon by May Arts

Last night, my hubby reminded me that tomorrow is Jordan, the granddaughter's birthday, so I am off to get her card done and in the mail.  So, I should be back tomorrow to show you that one!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your anniversary card turned out really nice. Very elegant!

Cathy G

 
design by suckmylolly.com