Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just Swingin' By!

Hello!  I bet you wondered where I was yesterday with my Texas Tues-Step card  ... well, the card got finished on Monday night, but then on Tuesday, I realized that the 1st Tuesday of the month wasn't until next week!  That is what I get for skipping the last Texas Tues-Step ... it got me all confused!  No more skipping for me!  I know you are thinking, so what?  After all, the card was already made, you could have shown us that one and made another one for next Tuesday!  And I considered that ... but, in the end, I decided to be ahead of the cardmaking game and make you wait!  So, feeling a little guilty, I spent many hours in my stamp shack yesterday making four more cards so you can see something from me every day this week!  I have to say, it is about time that I get back to some everyday blog posts!  I think the teaching "gig", which I am loving, by the way, takes time away from my blog creations ... just a little!  Just need to find a little balance.  Because I love both! 

O.k., enough of the chatter, let's get to today's card!  I went in on a friend's order from Taylored Expressions to get me a set that has been on my wish list for over a year!  It is called In the Park and it has so many stamps that will be perfect combined with other stamps I own.  I got my new stamps almost a month ago, and had not inked them up yet.  Well, I knew it was time!  So, today and tomorrow's card, are using a couple of stamps from this new set.  Here is today's card ... enjoy!



What a great tree stamp!  And do you see the picket fence?  This is a die also from Taylored Expressions.  How perfect!  I originally thought that I would always be making the fence in white or tan but this card needed a red fence, don't you think?  The sketch I used is one of the sketches I used on a Saturday Share about a month ago here, but as you can see, I flipped it!  Thank goodness for great sketch ideas!  My cards would be so boring without them!

Recipe:

Paper - Plaid is from Echo Park A Walk in the Park line (how appropriate!), Clouds (layer behind main panel) is from My Minds Eye Good Day Sunshine line, Cardstock Dark Red, White, Green
Stamps - Taylored Expressions In the Park Set
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Fence Die from Taylored Expressions, Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Nestibilities, Marvy corner rounder punch
Other - Rhinestones, Button by Bo Bunny, Twine by The Twinery

I will see you tomorrow.  In reality, my post will be here for you to see tomorrow. I will actually be at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington spending MONEY!  Woo Hoo!  I look forward to having new stuff to create with for you!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com