Friday, January 20, 2012

Celebrate Good Times!

Hello!  I bet you have wondered what happened to me this week.  I have been out in my shack to create and have made a couple of cards, that got sent, and also my swap card that you will see tomorrow.  Sometimes that happens, where I make cards but I can't show you because the recipients follow my blog, so I have to wait until the recipient has it in hand.  But, I do have one that I finally got finished that I can show you.  This one I made for my hubby's grandson who is turning 15 on Sunday.  (I am safe because he does not follow my blog!)  All week I have been thinking about what stamp I could use.  First, because it's a card for a boy, second because he's a teenager, therefore,cutesy images don't work ... anyway, I finally decided to ink up the truck from Deadbeat Designs.  Pretty perfect image for him, as he will be getting his learner's permit soon, and he is a cowboy type kid, where trucks are some of his loves!  I can't believe I didn't think of it first!  Let me show you my card.  Enjoy! 



I had to get my hubby to help me take the pic of the sentiment that is behind the tailgate.  I have a few of the sentiments from Deadbeat Designs that I bought to use with the truck, like "Thought you might need a little pickup" or "Life's a Ditch".  But, these would not work for this particular card.  Will use them next time!  I did find several simple Happy Birthday sentiments that were small enough.  But, I stopped looking when I found the "Celebrate Good Times" from Verve.  I liked it because it was very bold.  I kept thinking about the quote "Let the good times roll" ... truck rolling down the highway.  Anyway, that was my thought process.  You know I very rarely make a card without a sketch.  So, for this one, I went with one you can see here.  And speaking of sketches, in a blog post that I saw today from Jen delMuro, she talks about using sketches that I found very interesting.  You can see her post here.  The part about the sketches is toward the bottom of her post.  O.k. back to my card ... I kinda wanted to put his age somewhere but the truck is so big, I didn't think I would be able to.  But in the end, I added the two stars with the rub-on numbers!  How fun is that?  What do you think of my truck card?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Lime Twist Out of the Blue 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Red, Green
Stamps - Deadbeat Designs: Truck, Outside Sentiments by Verve from Birthday Bash, Inside sentiments from Hero Arts
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Stampin' Up Square Lattice Folder (on right side of red panel), My Favorite Things Stacking Stars Die-namics
Other - Number Rub-Ons from American Crafts, Glossy Accents on tail lights, side mirrors, and rear view mirror (hard to see in photos)

I will be back tomorrow with the Saturday sketch share.  See you then.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com