Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whisking You The Best Day Ever!

Hello!  I am back today to show you a little gift item I made for a friend.  She is a fabulous cook so originally I was thinking that I could make her a little recipe holder for the kitchen, but as it evolved it became quite glitzy and probably not the right colors for a kitchen.  But, she can use it on her desk to hold notes too.  I think she liked it.  I really enjoyed making it.  Let me show you!  Enjoy!


Here is what it looked like on the backside:
I added pattern paper on the back and around the edges, I added Lumiere Paint (from ex-Imprints stash ... it was a little thick but I added a touch of water and it helped.  I was just glad I had a color that went with it!)

And a few close ups of the front:

I popped the penguin up with some pop up dots.  The border was created with the tape from Elizabeth Crafts and their glitter called Glitz Ritz.  It is very sparkly and it feels like velvet to the touch. I then added a rhinestone in the middle of each circle for more bling.  And the penguin's coat also has rhinestones! 

I made magnets from a matching sticker sheet.  To make the stickers thicker, I adhered them to cardstock and cut around the shape.  Inexpensive magnets from Wal-mart worked perfectly.  I love the saying that says "scum-didily-umptious"! 


This is the close-up of the tab I added on the right side!

Now, I have one more thing to show you and it goes with the title of the post!  It is the card I made to match! 




In the same line of papers, there is one with recipe cards overlapping all over the whole 12 x 12 sheet. I cut this paper so that in the background you would see a recipe card with a cupcake. And then added my "whisking ..." sentiment right on top! Perfect. By the way, this "whisking" sentiment is part of the clear set I used from Inky Antics that is actually a holiday set, And the sentiment actually reads "whisking you a sweet holiday". I knew when I got the set, that penguins are not just for Christmas cards, so ... I cut the "whisking" word off of the rest of the sentiment. Now, I can use it alone or with the sweet holiday part. Knowing I would not be using the rest of the sentiment meant that I had to go find something in my stash that I could use to finish my "whisking" sentence. Hero Arts to the rescue! At the end, I also added another stamped sentiment in the corner, also by Hero Arts, to partially cover up a printed cake that looked out of place since the rest of its recipe card was cut off.  So, how do you like my little whisking penguin?


Recipe:

Paper - Bo Bunny Sweet Tooth Line, Cardstock White, Aqua (card)
Stamps - Inky Antics Baking Penguins set, Hero Arts Birthday set (card)
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Lumiere Paint
Tools - My Favorite Things Dainty Dots Border & Tab Die-Namics, Elizabeth Crafts Be Creative Tape & Glitz Ritz glitter, Spellbinders Classic Circles & Ribbon Tags

Other - Rhinestones, Pearls, Velvet Ribbon by My Minds Eye

That's it for me today.  I hope to be back soon with another creation.  Until then ...
Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S. Quote for yesterday's post (I forgot):  "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"  - Satchel Paige 
And today's: "Like a new bud, each day unfolds in Splendid beauty."  (that is a springtime quote to me!)

2 comments:

Eileen said...

thank you Tina...i love them both!!!

Unknown said...

Soooooo cute Tina! Each card you make is better than the one before. Love the "whisking" card. An unusual layout, but beautiful!!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com