Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Make Today a Beautiful Day!

Hello!  I am right in the middle of prepping for my classes at The Crafty Scrapper this week, but I promised I would do a couple of posts for cards that were sent but I haven't shown you.  So, today I have one, and I will do a post for the second one tomorrow.  The first one I made for a friend and I used a sketch from My Favorite Things which I need to link up soon as the deadline is in a couple of hours.  So, let's get to it.  I will show you the card and the sketch.  Enjoy!

 



Sorry the sketch pic is fuzzy.  I don't know why it did that.  But, I think you can see it enough to see how it matches my card.  You can see the link here on Splitcoast if you want.  I have had this Pure Innocence girl for a while but had not used her.  The sentiment I am using this week on the calendar class card.  A perfect sentiment for a calendar I think.  I really want to paper piece this girl (I know, no surprise!) but to do that, I figured out that I was going to have to cut out the flower she is holding.  Wow, that was major ... not for the faint of hand (hand instead of heart, as in the hand that cuts ... hee, hee!) But, the end result was worth it!  What do you think?  Pretty card?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Six by Six called A Happy Heart, Cardstock Cream, Black
Stamps - My Favorite Things PI Sunflower Girl
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Upsy Daisy Flowers
Other - Rhinestones by K & Co., and Queen & Co.

Check in with me tomorrow for the other card I have to show you!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S. Quote for today:  "If you want to be happy, be".  - Leo Tolstoy

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com