Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Bird-Day!

Hello!  I am back today to show you one of the birthday cards I made for a friend last week.  The week after Christmas the store I teach at had a store wide sale and this die and stamp set is one of the things that came home with me!  For this card, I mostly used the die set and just used one of the sentiments from the stamp set, but I will be doing more cards where I will make sure I use more of the stamps too!  Since I the set was My Favorite Things, I am also using their current sketch for my layout.  Let me show you my card and then the sketch. Enjoy!

 


Didn't it come out great?  Yes, I went back to one of my favorite go to 6 x 6 pads so all the colors would go together.  I love the sketch too.  I know I will do this one again!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Gertie 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Pale Yellow, Dark Brown
Stamps - My Favorite Things Contempo Cage
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - My Favorite Things Contempo Cage, Upsy Daisy Die-namics, Spellbinders Classic Circle, Cuttlebug Musical Flourish
Other - Twine, Pearls & Rhinestones

Tomorrow I will be back with the other birthday card and gift I made and gave last week.  In the meantime, I hope to play with some of my new "stuff" I got last Saturday at the stamp convention.  I had a great time, especially seeing and visiting with so many of my "ex-customers"!  So many told me how much they missed my store.  And lots asked if I miss it.  And my response?  I miss the people but not the store!  That is the absolute truth!  There is a second one this weekend, and there will be more people to visit with, however, the one last weekend, is the one I see more people I know, because it is the one that was closest to where my store was.  A lot of the same vendors stay around and have booths at the second show too.  Which could be good for my pocketbook since I spent my "wad" last weekend.  It will give me time to really peruse the samples and get more ideas! 

On another note, I was talking with a friend at the convention, and she was telling me about this pininterest thing.  Well, I had heard of it, but didn't really get it!  Well ... I think I do now and I can see it is going to be addictive.  I haven't "pinned" a lot yet, but I know I will.  On the right side of my blog I am going to add a link to my pininterest boards, so you can see what I am "pinning"!  To really get started, you need to have someone send you an invite.  Email me and I will send you one ... if I am going to be addicted, you might as well join me!  I am just in the learning stage at this point.  I have yet to figure out how to put all my sample cards on that are taking up room in my computer, but that is definitely on the list.  If anyone out there knows how to do this, email me please.   
 
See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com