Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Yes, I am a little late getting this post done today.  Truthfully, I have been on the computer all morning, but that pininterest thing has sucked me in again!  Love looking at all the ideas, especially the card and papercraft ideas.  Enough about that, let's get to the important stuff for today.  Donna is participating this week, so I have three cards to show you.  I will show you mine, then Debbie's, and then Donna's, and of course, the sketch we all three used.  All the cards came out great. I know you are ready to see ... enjoy!


My Card

Debbie's Card (love how the balloons colors perfectly match the paper ... fun!)

Donna's Card (used technique of inking over images stamped in Versamark ...cool!)

The Sketch


I want to note one thing about my card.  Do you see I changed where I put the oval at the top?  Leaving it on the right side would have covered up my bunny too much, so I moved it to the left.  Originally, that was the only change I was going to make and I planned to leave the ribbon tie and tag on the right.  Leaving the ribbon on the right seemed more normal to me and gave the card, in my opinion, balance.  But, then I was thinking maybe the sketch creator was trying to do different, so I moved it to the same side as the oval.  It created an out of the box feel for me, which is always good, as it allows me to try different.  And I actually like the result!  I also want to note, that my coloring was done with Copics ... shhhh!  Don't tell anyone!  Now, I didn't do much shading and blending, but I like it.  I have bought just a few to kinda see what I think.  On one of the blogs, I saw how instead of coloring the bunny, they simply outlined the bunny with a beige marker, and that is what I did ... love the result!  The stamp, from The Cat's Pajamas, I have had for a while but had not inked up.  I hope you love it because I have several more card ideas to create with it! 

That's it for today.  Next week, is my class prepping week, but I have at least two posts to get done so you can see a couple of things that I made and sent.  And who knows, maybe the class preps will go good and I will have time to make some more cards to show you.  I have a bunch of Valentine ideas, and I have yet to make one... less than a month away ... I better get busy!  Have a great weekend and GO CREATE something!  You deserve it!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com