Friday, January 13, 2012

Presto! Over the Hill!

Hello!  Today I will have two posts to show you.  I had planned on doing one yesterday and one today, but I didn't get to it, so this is the way I am going to do it.  Both posts use the same stamp, one that I got a while back but haven't had a chance to ink it up with all the holiday cardmaking.  This first card was made for my hubby's son who is turning 40 this weekend!  Wow.  Seems crazy because Gary is only 57, but that is what happens when kids have kids!  Anyway, because it is the 40th, I wanted to do an over the hill something!  I decided my new little bunny magic stamp and the word presto would go perfect with the words "you are old".  I have a LOT of stamps, but I could not find this sentiment anywhere.  Yes, I could have either done it on the computer or used some alphabet letters but when I came across a clear sticker with the sentiment, "over the hill", I went with it.  Let me show you.  Enjoy!



And the inside:


The sketch is from Sketch For You To Try for January.  Remember last year I did all 12 sketches which entered my name into the big prize on Christmas Day.  No, I didn't win, but that doesn't mean I don't want to try for it again.  Besides, I love all of Jen's sketches, and by doing them, I have many more ideas to go back to when I am at a loss for a layout.  Here is the sketch:

Often times when picking out what papers to use, I go for a collection of papers so that all the color tones match, but sometimes, like this card, you just have to pick and choose, as all three papers are from different lines.  But it worked!  What do you think, do you like how my card turned out?

Recipe:

Paper - Dots with black bkgd by My Minds Eye Lime Twist - Out of the Blue 6 x 6, Red tiny stars by Pink Paislee Hometown Summer 6 x 6 collection, Dot by Bo Bunny Paprika, Cardstock White, Black
Stamps - The Cat's Pajamas Presto!, Inside: Circle birthday wishes by Endless Creations, Happy by Hero Arts (sentiment read Happy Birthday, but I just inked Happy)
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol (Note: I colored the bunny gray, thinking of gray=old!)
Tools - Spellbinders Circles
Other - The Paper Studio Clear Sticker, Rub-on numbers by Making Memories for the 4 0 !, Pearls by Queen & Co.

I am now going to work on my second post with the same stamp so look for that one!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome 40th birthday card! Presto is exactly how I felt when I turned 40, as in how did I get here so fast? Really cute! Thanks for joining us at SFYTT!

 
design by suckmylolly.com