Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Birthday ... Mojo Style!

Hello!  I am back already with another card creation.  On my "to make" list for the week, is a birthday card for Gary's oldest daughter.  Well, yesterday when I was going through my blog reader, I found a sketch challenge for Mojo Monday.  You know, these are the ones that Debbie, Donna, and I work with for the Saturday sketch shares.  We are working our way thru the 2010 sketches.  They continue to have new sketches, like the one I used today, and it seems like I have gotten out of the habit of doing new ones.  And I like doing the new ones.  So, as one of my resolutions, I am going to try to get back into doing some of the new ones.  Maybe I should make a goal of doing at least one current challenge per week, either from Mojo Monday or MFT or somebody. Let's get to today's card.  I will show you my card and then the sketch.  Enjoy!



I love the paper I used!  So soft, so pretty.  It is actually a Christmas pad, but I didn't think there was anything Christmasy about the papers.  But actually, if I  look very close at the floral pattern, I can see very faint snowflakes, but they are so faint, I don't think they will be an issue, but then again, it is still winter, right?  The sketch was kinda fun I thought.  Of course, it helped to have such pretty papers that all flow together!  What are your thoughts?  Do you like it?

Recipe:

Paper - Fancy Pants Designs Winterland 6 x 6, Cardstock Pale Green, Lt. Olive Green (both from ex-Imprints stash ... the cardstock colors are odd but they work here!), White
Stamps - Verve: Sentiment from Fancy Florals Remixed, and Flower from One Person
Ink - Versafine Crimson Red, JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder (I embossed it to give it some brightness).
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circles, MFT Leaf Die
Other - Pearls: Pink from Fab Scraps, Blue from Recollections

While I was working on this card and the Saturday sketch share card, which you can't see until Saturday, I was knowing that I was supposed to be working on my class samples.  So, that is next.  See you soon with those! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina  
 

1 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Lovely card!! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com