Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy 50th!

Hello!  A very good friend of mine and her husband celebrated 50 years of marriage a couple of weeks ago.  I was hoping to see her at the last stamp convention, so that you could see my card here last week, but I didn't get to give it to her until this last weekend.  Now, I can show you!  My other friend, Eileen, gave me the idea to use the birdcage die in gold.  (thanks Eileen for the great idea!)  I did just that and made a joy fold card, as I figured any couple that can make 50 years, is definitelyy a Joy!  I have several pics to show you, so let's get to it!  Enjoy!  

Front with card closed

Opening card

Card Opened



I love how the whole card came together.  The sentiments were printed on the computer.  Sometimes, you just have to do it that way!  I wasn't sure at first about using the pattern paper on the front, but I could not find enough of the gold cardstock to make it work.  In the end, I love the contrast and I think it totally makes the card.  How do you like the card?  Oh, one more thing ...Congratulations Virginia and Bill!

Recipe:

Paper - Die Cuts with a View Luxury stack, Cardstock White, Gold Glossy Stripe, Gold Shimmer
Stamps - My Favorite Things Contempo Cage set
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - Spellbinders Hearts & Labels 4, My Favorite Things Contempo Cage and Tab Die-namics, Stampin' Up border punch
Other - Rhinestones

I am not sure if I will have anything else for you for the next couple of days, we'll see how it goes, but I will be back for sure on Saturday for the Sketch share. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina 

P.S. Quote of the day:  "What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow:  Our life is the creation of our mind".    - Buddha

1 comments:

Eileen said...

As usual....gorgeous and creative card -- i know they loved it; btw, i only plant the seed -- you make it blossom. Luv ya dearest friend!

 
design by suckmylolly.com