Friday, January 27, 2012

Fluttering By!

Hello!  I have a card to show you today!  Woo Hoo!  There is a lady at my church who is turning 90 and they wanted everyone to bring a card for her on Sunday.  Yes, I do have many already made that I could give her, but I decided to make one instead.  At least that way, I have another post for you!  So, let's get to it!  Enjoy!

I got to use a new set of papers, a new flourish die and a butterfly from the set I am teaching with this week at The Crafty Scrapper.  The set is one of the Hero Arts sets that has matching dies that cuts out the stamp after it is stamped and as you can see, it does I great job!  The funny thing about this set, is that Carolyn, the owner at the store, said I could just use one of the sets for my classes and not have to buy it.  But guess what?  After using this set, I want it!!  Maybe she knew that would happen!  In the set, there is even a smaller size butterfly that I really love.  I used the middle size on my card today. The layout is a recent sketch that I had planned to enter the challenge on, but I didn't get to it, but I could just see these elements working with the sketch.  Here is the pic of the sketch.  Better late than never!

What do you think?  It really is a great sketch ... which made such a pretty card!

Recipe:
Paper - My Minds Eye Six by Six Vanity Fair, Cardstock White, Pale Green, Wine
Stamps - Sentiment from Rubbernecker, Butterfly from Hero Arts Stamp & Die set
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - MFT Die-namics Fancy Flourish, Spellbinders Classic Circles & Classic Scalloped Circles, Cuttlebug Musical Flourish embossing folder
Other - Rhinestones & Pearls by Queen & Co., Ribbon by My Minds Eye

I will see you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Juliana said...

Such a pretty card!
I love the way you used the Rubbernecker stamps!
Beautiful embellishments, too!

 
design by suckmylolly.com