Monday, January 2, 2012

Ahoy, Matey!

Hello 2012!  I got out to my room yesterday with a list of "to makes"!  First on the list had to be a birthday card for the youngest grandson who's birthday is on Thursday.  It's now ready to send with money inside!  Last year I know he was into the pirate theme, but even if it's "old hat", as he is getting older, I hope that he will still enjoy his pirate card!  I got this stamp months ago with him in mind and I figured now is the time!  When I knew I was going to use this stamp by My Favorite Things, I went to their blog to see what their current sketch was, so that is what I used here, with very little time to spare, as the sketch deadline is tomorrow morning.  The main image is taller than the panel shown in the sketch, but I went with it anyway!  So, I will show you my card and the sketch.  Enjoy!




I gave you a look at the inside since I added an additional sentiment from the set ... ARRR!  I love the stars dies.  This is something else I got a while back but haven't used yet.  I love this set!  Well, what do you think  about my card?  Matey, do you like it?

Recipe:

Paper - Stars and Dots from K& Co. Confetti Mat Pad, Cardstock White, Red, Lime Green
Stamps - My Favorite Things Ahoy Matey, Inside circular sentimernt from Endless Creations
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - My Favorite Things Die-namics Stacking Stars, Ticket Tab, Dainty Dots Border, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Other - Baubles from Stamping Bella

I am back to the "shack" to work on the "to makes".  A couple are for friends that I won't be able to show you until next week until after they get them, but I should be able to show you a couple of other things, like my next class samples.  So, see you in a couple of days!

Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com